Amazing Rhones - so good, it ended with a Climax

Are they? Sounds like superfuture circa 2007-2008 to me.

Charlie Carnes needs to pop in with his acid washed jeans and Gucci high tops. He makes the ladies swoon.

Wine and Climax. I love Rhône’s but at my age little blue pills still need to be paired in! [wink.gif]

18 oz Iron Heart is au-courant RA. Ask that son of yours (assuming he is not a nerd like me).
They are also the opposite of Fu’s lulu’s.
They are named “iron” for good reason-they feel like you are wearing medieval armor. They have to be bought so tight you can barely get them on.
They are a total bitch to button and un-button when you put them on, take them off, or have to pee.
You can’t wash them. You wear them for five or six years, daily, and let them develop their own eco-system of bacterial break-down of body oil and dirt.
If you have to, you hand wash in warm water with half a cap of woolite and air dry.
Don’t ask me how or why I know this shit, except my asshole son charges his $500 jeans to my account.

I guess if your target demo is someone with that mustache.

Best thread all season

Well, I have to disagree with both of my buddies, Mitch and Fu, neither of whom are making a case for high fashion. But I can concur with Todder, Hugo BOSS is the shits, and so is 2010 Jamet. Needs a ton of time, like many other 2010s, but this is a fantastic bottle of Northern Rhone syrah, prolly my favorite since the 98/99 dynamic duo.

Wine list looks phenomenal.

The rest of this discussion is a red herring, arguing about which pants to wear, as if anyone at a sufficient level of enlightenment to drink wines like these wears pants.

Point made.

[truce.gif]

Wait. Drink neked?

Brilliant. Unless we are in the wine room, shrinkage and all that. Well, I’d be fine, just worrying about Fu and Todder.

Great thread. Love it that wine nerds are trying to fashion shame each other. Todd, next time you get the pity invite - rock some big box baggy sweats & a heavy metal tank under a rugger shirt.

Nice line-up guys.

Was a fun night, and the Champagne was a much needed refreshment with all the red Rhône’s on the table. I had no idea what the Champagne was but could tell Charlie was excited about it, and we found out why. Perfect balance of great fruit and freshness.

Only bummer was we were in OC and they were intent on clearing plates early.

Day 2 on that Jamet last night was killer.

Is it athleasure or something? I wouldn’t do it but it’s probably fine for you LA Hardbodies.

You realize we’re talking about Charlie here, right?

I wore shorts. Unfashionable shorts. Very familiar with japanese denim. That shit is uncomfortable.

I assumed he thought I lived in LA.

Todd, as the OP, you can’t decide this, bro.

It’s like claiming a one-foot wave or declaring yourself “woke.”

It’s just not done …

I also had the WOTN prolly

I always declare WOTN. Sometimes before we drink. It’s like marking your turf, throwing down the gauntlet.

'cept they’re baggy!