Another revolting American concoction-and it’s not as bad as I thought it would be.

A bridge way too far

Ah, so that’s what happened. The Costco stuff (Valencia peanuts) might be worth a try.

I ate these everyday for the entire school year when I was in eighth grade. I switched over to jelly from 9th grade onward, to this day I am good for a few PB&Js a week.

Then about 2 years ago I had the opportunity to eat a PB&Fluff. It was the sweetest, worst thing I have eaten in years. I don’t know how that stuff has a viable consumer base to still be produced.

TW

I think PBJs are good but we don’t eat them. Now PB, banana, bacon, you bet.

I will only admit this once but as a kid, PB, mayo, velveeta, pickle. Not from a parent, we made it up.

BTW- if you can find the “Old Home” all natural peanut butter in the refrigerated section, it is delicious. Otherwise nut butter blends from TJs.

I like you.

Elvis liked his fried in bacon fat or butter.

[stirthepothal.gif] But do you all refrigerate your peanut butter?

I had no idea this was a controversy until I tried to tell my wife we didn’t need to take up the refrigerator space With her butter.

My childhood was Jif extra crunchy with my mom’s muscadine (sometimes scuppernong) jelly.
We always had sourwood honey in the house too in case I was craving peanut butter and banana.
I still partake every now and then.
And my 81 year old mom still makes jelly. [wow.gif]

Mark, you really need a tall glass of cold milk with your PBJ! That is like a wine and cheese perfect match! Be a little adventurous with your jam/jelly match, when I was a kid it was strawberry preserves all the way with sometimes peach preserves, but now when I go jelly it is usually a mixed berry or blackberry preserves, hardly ever grape which is what most kids like. I still eat PB (no jelly) just about every morning during the week on toasted wheat bread with black coffee (another great match) and save the jelly/jam for the weekends. Also, I eat mostly Kroger’s Organic Simple Truth PB which has 2g sugar and 7g protein per serving.

So that’s what happened to it. That was my go to as well.

And I’ll eat a PB&J about twice a year. Usually just half a sandwich.

PB&J I don’t really like. I get good peanut butter but the jams/preserves whatever are way too sweet… PB & banana & honey is a great combo though. Almond butter is a healthier butter so use that more often.

I used to “mainline” PBJs for lunch. Stopped doing so after weight concerns, so it’s just the occasional bit of peanut butter. But man, there is nothing out there like Deaf Smith. Any other PB that I’ve had made out of just valencia peanuts has an over-roasted taste to it. But I’m willing to try out Costco.