Ansonia BD 15 - Bonnefond Côte Rôtie “Couzou” 2017

Wife and I were working through some backyard renovation plans last night and some booze was in order to get through the decisions required to commence the costly but necessary upkeep and facelift. Out of curiosity, I cracked open my Ansonia BD15 box and opened the:

2017 Patrick et Christophe Bonnefond Colline de Couzou Cote Rotie - This wine is a delight. It is not a savory bruising cote rotie, but it is absolutely lovely and bright. Cherry and blackberry give way to lifted violets, with an underlying warm star anise spice and licorice. It is cleaned up with nice acidity, and the tannins are well integrated. It’s not too complex, or wild, or meaty. It’s just clean and bright and inviting. Both my wife and I really enjoyed this wine. 92+

My good buddy @Robert.A.Jr often drinks “weeknight” wines that are pleasurable and lively without being super complex stunners. This wine made me think of him. It’s a really good, bright, enjoyable wine, and is exactly what I was hoping for. Is it the most complex, deep, or intellectual? No, it is not. But hey, neither is @Robert.A.Jr and we all adore him (according to him, my mentor, friend, and superior).

2 Likes