Any wines you buy by the case?

I just bought three cases of Autonom.

Always buy a case of Marcoux CDR and CDP.

Either a case of 750’s or a 6 pack of Mags of Beaucastel.

Monprivato

Tercero Viognier is a no-brainer for me.
In fact, I would gladly buy a case of any of Larry’s white wines.

Last couple of cases I bought were 2009 Montevertine Le Pergole Torte and 2010 Olivier Clisson (6 mags). As far as annual case purchases, I buy Grand Nicolet Rasteau VV.

Kendric Pinot Noir
Bourgogne “Pressonieres” (Roty)

TTT

Just opened one last night. Amazingly structured, especially compared to the '09 Vietti Barolo Castiglione that followed it (the latter purchased at a restaurant here in San Diego for $50, what a deal!!! Nice, but, seemed to be from a flabby vintage)

Back to the '01 La Rioja Alta 904. I bought this one bottle yesterday at a San Diego wine store for 40% more than I paid for the case I ordered (I’m in town for a conference). Structured, dense but refined. Dark fruited, with an interesting tobacco and green olive interaction going on. Really gorgeous, still a baby, but way more pleasurable at this point than the '94 CVNE Imperial GR we had the other night (I have some of that and the '01 CVNE too, but they need to sleep a while).

The Rioja Alta might become one of my favorite case purchases ever.

It varies.

Recent case purchases:
2011 Domaine La Chapelle de La Bastide Picpoul - $96
2010 Cheval Blanc - $4,800

In general, there has to be a confluence of excellent vintage, aging prospects and price in order for me to commit to a case.

In the last couple of years, I have bought 1+ cases of Chablis from Louis Michel, Billaud Simon and Malandes, and Roulot Bourgogne Blanc, but, pursuant to the above guidelines, from '07, '08 and '10 and not '09. I bought 1+ cases of '11 Fevre more because of price than vintage and aging prospects.

2007 Sassetti “Pertimalli” Brunello, at $30/b a case was a no brainer.

Gonon and Texier N. Rhones, but again, depending on vintage. Big on '10, less so on '09.

+1

Nice picture Dick!

Nit de Nin is also one of my favorites

Not ‘always’ but I’ve purchased several cases of Scherrer OMV Zinfandel futures over the years - this year splitting it with Brian Tuite. I’ve also purchased a case of 2007 Louis Jadot Pernand-Vergelesses 1er Cru En Caradeux Clos de la Croix de Pierre and I"m not a fan thus far, so I really hope it comes around.

2007 Louis Jadot Pernand-Vergelesses 1er Cru En Caradeux Clos de la Croix de Pierre???

With a name that long … it had better be good! [wink.gif]

That’s what I thought!

2002 Dom Perignon
2009 Bertheau CM
2009 Bertheau CM 1er
2008/2010 Billaud-Simon MdT
2010 Louis Michel MdT
2007/2008/2010 Dauvissat La Forest
2010 Dauvissat Chablis AOC
2010 Olivier Savary Chablis AOC
2010 Olivier Savary Fourchaume

I also love Nit de Nin but what I try to buy a case of each year is Clos Erasmus. I bought almost two cases of the 2010. It is my wife’s favorite wine which she describes as “Orgasmic” so there is NO WAY I am scrimping on it.

I buy nothing by the case as space and $$ are too prohibitive. I usually buy 2-6 bottles depending on multiple factors. There are lots of wines I wish I could buy a case of, though.

The only wine that I am now buy by the case every year is EMH. Generally split 50/50 regular and SS.

I generally buy a case of Ridge and Tablas but its always mixed.

David, great list. We have similar tastes.

On the Billaud-Simon, do you only buy the MdT? I’ve been impressed with the Vaillons and MdM also.

Louis Michel is a favorite of mine also, but again, not only with his MdT. The Foret and Montmains are also good and can be good values also. The Butteaux VV is excellent.

I am less familiar with Savary, but did taste his 2010s recently at the Winebow tasting. I really liked the transparency and the purity, but his wines would be so much better, for my palate, if they showed more acidity and cut.

Dauvissat AOC was also a great case purchase at $30-35/b. Now it’s more like $45-50 now and I find better value elsewhere in Chablis . . . such as with the producers above.

I rarely buy cases, but I just bought a case of 2010 Darioush Caravan cab. And only because it’s drinking well right now and the price was too good to pass up.

I don’t generally buy by the case. I’ve probably bought more solid cases of Coudert Tardive than anything else.

I can give you a long list of wines that I would love to be able to buy by the case (at original release prices, not secondary market prices :slight_smile: