Anyone Have Any Info On Martin Zwick?

By the way. After I made the beet quiche, my friend complained that I did not make one for her family. I ate half of it myself and since no one in my family liked it, I gave her the other half. They thought it was fantastic and it disappeared in 15 minutes.

Dinner!

Not often, but from time to time. So we installed little metallic wind chimes on top of one side of the house, also let the curtains closed which helped. It’s surprisingly almost only on one side of the house. We are also relieved that most of the time the birds can fly away after a pause of 30min. thank god.

So far it’s not a problem, but fair to say we have to carefully watch the health of the trees. In spring we will remove 3-4 rather little trees in the back of the house, as they are dead. Also I was relieved that the snow was not too much this year, as 10 years ago part of a tree fell very closely to our old house. So I really know the power of nature.

In general according to reports in German media our forests are in bad shape due to climate change, mismanagement etc. We have a lot of problems in Germany with all kind of bugs etc. So I hope this very cold winter helped to reduce these vermin, also winemakers are happy about our very cold winter for reducing bugs in the vineyards. 10 years ago was the last really cold winter in Germany.

hahaha…great.

In this case you could add now walnuts which brings the Quiche to a new level, as nobody in your family will eat it. [wink.gif]

P.S.

as we are in the cooking section of Wineberserkers, here is the heart of the Datscha. A kitchen from Copenhagen and the danish company VIPP, I strongly recommend.

https://vipp.com/en-us/kitchen/vipp-kitchen

I remember when we had dinner all that time ago you mentioned a little Datsha in the country. :wink:

Quite something!

And I thought my utilities bill was high! High ceilings, all glass, that wood stove has to work overtime because I know mine does without all that glass.

I have to say an underfloor heating is a nice thing. We won’t miss it anymore.

1 Like

I thought of The Glass House immediately when I saw your picture. What a wonderful place you have.
We live only 1 1/2 hours from The Glass House but have never visited, although sometimes my wife shows me pictures. (She looks at Real Estate online for a hobby.)
Perhaps after everyone has the vaccine I will suggest to my wife that we schedule a visit.

1 Like

Anyone Have Any Info On Martin Zwick?
-about 190 cms tall
-stern gaze hides a friendly warm personality
-often mistaken for an Eastern European criminal
-influencer on all things Riesling
-can often be found in the kitchen
-doesn’t throw stones

1 Like

Yes. Once the plague is over, I intend to make it with walnuts for my next round of guests. They have recently been selling beet in vacuum-sealed plastic bags in the local stores around here. I think they are imported from Israel. Have you seen those. I might try them for this because it makes an easy recipe even easier.

That’s amazing, Martin! Never seen anything quite like it.

Gorgeous! Though I pity your window washers!

Yes, in Germany we also have pre-cooked beetroots in plastic bags. They are okay, but I don’t use them. Fresh roasted beetroots taste better. Fair to say also much work.

I keep coming back here to look at the photos. What a beautiful home.

I’m glad I opened this thread. Your house is amazing! My wife and I visited the Farnsworth House last fall. It was an incredible experience. I can’t imagine living in a work of art.
farnsworth.jpg

I heard Martin has been walking around the house naked, so the neighbors chipped in for curtains.

I live on the border of New Canaan and keep saying I need to visit Glass House

I live on the border of New Canaan and keep saying I need to visit Glass House