Anyone here try Morgan Ranch Wagyu?

I think it would mess with the higher fat content. Agree w Michael.

Yeah, I wouldn’t either. Morgan Ranch didn’t recommend it so that was good enough for me.

I agree with Michael, Nola, and Pat. While I’m generally a big fan of sous vide cooking I don’t think it handles the higher fat content as well (Prime or up).

I’m a sous vide fan, but we don’t sous vide Wagyu or other highly marbled steaks. Super hot sear and either roast or cast iron to 120 or so.

I’m doing a BerserkerDay combo tonight-Morgan Ranch NY’s and ‘15 Jean Edwards Yates Family Cabernet. I’ll get that into a decanter shortly.
3220CFB9-58C3-40AE-8704-0CBCD005404A.jpeg

1 Like

Seems that my suspicion was correct - high heat it is. Thanks for the responses.

BEF6A0C9-95B6-4BCD-B845-38D17FC796FF.jpeg

I think I should report this post as an obscenity.

2 Likes

Oh my that looks awesome!!! #Jealous

Really glad I purchased the Jean Edwards Cab on Berserker day. Wonderfully balanced, classic oak treatment-paired wonderfully with the steaks. Could use a few more years for sure but pretty enjoyable right now. 2 winners right here…just realized there are actually 3 winners in the pic here-Grassl as well :slight_smile:
A052A988-BE42-4B0B-9192-0AEB030440FE.jpeg

7414843C-A82C-4B65-8B84-6D480D0CC907.jpeg
I ordered 10lbs of ground beef as for some reason I can’t find good stuff around here. The Morgan Ranch folks went slightly above and beyond hooking me up on BD. Holy “cow”! I was maybe hoping for a little bonus taster steak but… not the full range. It’s much appreciated and the ribeyes are on tap for tonight.

A couple of these are hard to identify? As there isn’t a sticker on them.

We Also thought the burgers were very nice. Meatier, deep flavor that makes a nice alternative to the Flannery that has been the standard.

Looks like 2 rib eyes, 2 NY’s, a filet, either filet tips or kebab meat, and either a sirloin or small tri tip…

Kebab meat! That would make sense.

I cooked 2 strip loins tonight and they were exceptional, and I am a long time Flannery customer, so that is saying a lot. I followed Nola’s instructions and did a sear and then the oven, but I cooked at 400 for about 15 min until it hit 120. I probably could have just cooked 1 steak for the 2 of us, but I’m happy for the leftovers. Rich and beefy and loved it with a 1996 Montelena. I will say that Flannery beats them on the packaging.

‘96 Montelena! Very nice Diane…

1 Like

So happy I found Morgan Ranch via Berskerkerday. The Tri Tip is just spectacular. Highly recommend.

Home alone and trying out MR zabuton/bavette/flab meat and strip loin with purple potatoes and eggplant that is shaped like eggs.
Have the strip loin is superb and the zabuton is the best of its kind I’ve tried. Now how about some skirt steak?