Anyone seen, gotten, or received any 2015 Benetiere yet?

Come on, you think I can possibly remember your email from almost a year ago!?! Your writing is flamboyant, but ain’t that memorable! Now keep in mind, I don’t remember what I read this morning, either. neener

Lord Alfert, Esq., out.

from the importer so public knowledge now… Due to an administrative oversight, 2015s and maybe 2016s will not be Cote Rotie but rather VdF. They failed to file some required paperwork, which led to a long bureaucratic nightmare. They were unable to release the wine until this was all settled. awaiting the new VdF labels. don’t anticipate seeing the wines before summer’s end.

In a nutshell, yes. '14/'15/'16 are the vintages in question, with an appeal in to the oh so slow INAO to respond to see if he can in fact still use Côte Rôtie on the label or not. I don’t believe that there has yet been a final decision from the INAO. Moving forward, '17 and beyond can be labelled as Côte Rôtie.
Ugh. Paperwork.
I told him to label it Rôte Côtie.

Or just label it “slow wine.”

Interesting. Nice to finally get some solid answers.

Just keep it cold, Robert. I look at this as free storage!

My warehouse is ideal temp/humidity 24/7/365.
I am quite proud of its efficiency, the total energy bill in August is around $100!!!
It will soon be 100% solar, so ideal and self sustaining for ever and ever aaaamen.
Fwiw, indeed, the '15 and '16 Cordeloux will be labelled as Vin de France, as Yaacov was informed.

Got an email from Robert that the wines are on the move!

At least he didn’t say they were “on-the-water”!

Who will be the first to Pobega?

I cannot take actual delivery until Fall. It’s close to 119 degrees in Orlando, or something like that. My wine would be raspberry confit, though some modernists may like that.

If you ship it, you could always lick it~

Panzer says it has arrived!

weird. heard a rumor that 17 and 18 are same? shenanigans? will crack this weekend.

'14-'16 will say vin de France. '17 Côte Rôtie.
I drank the '15 two weeks ago, over a few days.
Gorgeous.
More elegant and less “solar” than when I had it with Pierre the last two visits…the intensity of violet/lavander florals in the mouth was stunning, to my taste.

I think you’d like that now right?

Send me some sexts! Incoming…

good to know… do you happen to know what happened with the 2014? JLL says not produced and sold off in bulk.

As a few people have already detailed in this thread, the VA was crazy high in the Condrieu and Cordeloux ‘14, so Pierre sold it off in bulk.’ 14 dolium is another story. In stock.

How big is your warehouse? Where is it? How is that even possible?