Anyone seen, gotten, or received any 2015 Benetiere yet?

got it - JLL has wrong info then as he has the Dolium 2014 as bulk as well.

do you have any insight as to what happened with the VA? (JLL mentions it in the note of the 2015 cordeloux)

context: this guy pays $250/month for water.

LOL!

My warehouse is around 2000 square feet. Small but mighty, or as the Delaware state slogan once read: “A Small Wonder”.
The secret efficiency sauce? Two “overkill” Trenton refrigeration units, one of which pretty much never needs to kick on, and the main ingredient: incredibly thick (read overkill) spray foam insulation on every exterior wall/roof.
As to VA, as you may recall, '14 was the “year of the Suzuki” fly, and in certain places, it went nuts.
Pierre refused to put his name on the Cordeloux wine after Ă©levage, as the VA was roughly triple what one would deem usual/acceptable.
There is a cooler, breezy microclimate in the combe where the Dolium is located (the lieu dit la Brune), so it wasn’t affected in the same way as the Cordeloux.

very cool info

so why the need to label VdF for future bottlings? what was the actual paperwork that wasn’t filed?

well, cracked my first bottle of the 2015 with some excellent lamb last night and it was 
 not right. opened to a perfect glistening purple color but turned garnet and mature very quickly (within an hour or so). quiet nose with almost zero discernable cote-rotie character, completely hollow mid, and bitter tannic, non-existent, finish. having had a 99 jamet the night before, the color on that wine was more vibrant than this one. and given the vintage and every other wine i’ve had from this vintage and appellation, this wine indicates something happened. this was procured locally a day after it arrived direct from Polaner, the NY distrib. i’ll try another this week from the same batch, but my instinct at this point is that all the weirdness doesn’t add up (2014 not released, was a very good vintage, and other vintages not being labeled cote-rotie).

curious if others have received their bottles and whether this is consistent.

That is very weird. Not at all my experience whatsoever, drinking it over three days, with no change in color at all, definitely the opposite of a hollow mid palate, silken texture with no bitterness whatsoever, and long resonant finish. My wife tried it as well all the way through, and when she doesn’t like something, she is not shy about saying so.
Your attempted correlation with the 2014 vintage, one that Pierre had clearly decided not to release due to the volatile acidity levels (regularly and publicly/transparently declaring as much) has nothing to do with the delayed release and labeling issues of '15 etc. I don’t think that you will find a ton of growers who would universally declare 2014 a very good red wine vintage. As with the suzuki flies in other regions of the country, it was isolated. When it was bad, it was bad
you could smell it coming when you walked up. Another common knowledge anecdote, they favored locations against walls with little air circulation, where heat would radiate. There are a lot of very nice 2014 red N Rhîne wines, but Pierre got kicked in the pants.
Again to clarify the labelling issue, if you don’t keep up with your declarations paperwork with French customs, your right to sell wine is halted. Then, if that persists, your right to label things with the appellation lapses. It is kind of simple. There is no hidden agenda.
Very few of my people have received their bottles yet, fwiw.
I’m curious to hear how other bottles show for you, as the one you describe is 100% unrecognizable relative to my experience.

when did you have the bottle that you tasted over 3 days?

July 24th-July 26th.
On the first night, my wife and I went to a French bistro in Haddonfield, NJ called the Little Hen.
Mushroom tosts, duck frites, and the Cordeloux was freakin’ great.
Then session number two the following evening, the wine was even better.
On the third day, equally good.
Did you:
-Drink it all in one sitting?
-Decant?
I can’t say that I have ever experienced wine dramatically changing color in an hour.
Have other folks ever experienced such a thing?
I can’t even fathom what could cause that.

consumed over the course of 2 hours, did a quick double decant just to give it some air and sediment (only a little). served in zalto bdx stems.

Zalto universals on my end. No sediment.
I would definitely say that it is a fairly dense wine, so try following it for a longer period of time
curious to see how round two goes for you.
I’m tempted to stage a tasting with some local heads to try the '15 Cordeloux, '14 Dolium, and '13 Dolium just to get a lot of input from folks that I can report back with so that it is obvious that I am not wearing self-interested glasses

There was a smidge of reductiveness when I first opened it, which blew off in about 15 minutes in the glass. I didn’t decant it, as when I follow wines over a few days, I don’t do so.

My front labels say “lot 1”.
They may all say that

No lot indication but you can easily see the original label underneath !
1E3AC153-E6C7-4CEB-B1A6-B5C19BB813ED.jpeg

Lot number should be near the pregnant lady
lower left.

I bought one bottle from Astor Wines yesterday, Polaner import, Lot 01.

Gonna take it for a test drive, Zach?
Let us know whatcha think if so

Do it!

Somebody better before I freak out over Yaacov’s review!

Yak-ov?

:wink: