Anyone seen, gotten, or received any 2015 Benetiere yet?

so are there multiple lots? the bottle i drank was from astor fyi. have a few more coming, but not as many as i thought i’d want.

hmmm…doesn’t sound like high hopes, but also might have missed to open window already.

Now I’m somewhat tempted to open one of mine. Somewhat.

I had a really similar experience that you had with 15 jamet, i did a quick double decant and drank over a hour or so. Was not enjoyable. Makes me wonder if the double decant just shut it down or something. After that for the 15s I’ve been trying I’ve been doing 5+ hour decants and they show remarkably different from when the bottle is first opened.

About ready to have Panzer overnight me a 15 to taste myself lol!

Not unusual for young Jamets do be completely shut down though.

Patience, grasshoppers, patience. All will be well with time. Or not.

I know. But it was more similar to yacov’s note than just a normal ungiving wine

except for the 2013 (divorce vintage), i’ve never had young jamet be closed or show anything like this, especially the 2015 (both brothers’ wines) and every other 2015 n rhone. i also would not characterize my bottle as closed as much as off from a variety and vintage pov.

I don’t have doubts or fears.
I know what I taste.
Feel free to spin the web of worry, if that’s your thing.

not sure if this was aimed at me, but if so, i have no idea what you’re talking about.

I’d say that these comments can pretty clearly be perceived as spinning some web of worry, based on your 2 hour sprint with the '15 Cordeloux, as well as pure half-informed conjecture.

Got it.

Got it.

I don’t have much experience with Benetiere. Maybe I will open one young…

Not opening mine yet. I’m in the wait-and-worry camp.

I’d be happy to go out to eat with any of you NY cats who wants to come down my way; i’d pop some bottles so that you can form your own impressions. It would be best if we could get a small handful of people on the same page.
There’s a pretty nice spot called Hearthside two blocks from my house.
We should go there.

I think it is a bit much to accuse Yaacov of having an agenda when a wine’s release was delayed for a year and the wine lost it’s AOC designation in the process.

Haven’t had a ton of Benetiere, but I’ve had a decent amount of old NR Syrah. They -all- get substantially better after 10-15 years, and I find them either monolithic, boring, sweet/modern, zesty but taught, or otherwise early on and it seems to have no relationship to how they show after a decade…

Fear is the mind killer…

Sacrifices must be made

I approve of the sacrifice.

Of course, I would pop one of my own, but shucks, they are safely nestled away in Panzer’s nice storage facility . . . . But otherwise, I would do it in the spirit of the Board. Would not blink an eye.

I didn’t accuse him of having any “agenda”.
I just called him out for his own choice of words.
If there are questions about what happened with paperwork, he can find answers to those questions, not extrapolate based on his “instinct”, casting vague shadowy doubt, like some kind of conspiracy theory, yet without any theory…
I have no patience for such horseshit.
I sent him my phone number so that he could ask questions if he had any, rather than just stir the pot.
He did not try to call.