Anyone still prefer Riedel’s Sommeliers series?

Thanks Jordan. That’s what has kept me from buying them thus far- they look a little too large, especially at the opening. And they’re not cheap.

The truth is that you not only need a different glass for each variety and style, but also tailored to the size of your head and nose.

-Al

Will do but the test will continue for many more months (and regions and age brackets). We are the two of us and so far we idependently got to the same results. But so far the sample size is too small to really draw any conclusions.

An add-on to my comments above about Grassl/Gabriel being less expressive: for some wines we tested, they were almost equally expressive but never as round and balanced in their expressivness, putting the focus on one or the other element (usually not fruit but acidity or herbal/minerality aromas).

Now having tried all these glasses I find (so far of course) that the grassl and the zalto BDX are at the top in terms of balance and lacking nothing on the nose.

Seem delicate as well (breakable).

Sure, I wouldn’t be able to disprove you just yet. As said, my sample size is too small. We do the test at home from time to time and it will need much more than just a few wines to come to a solid conclusion. In addition, every person is different, with different sense and preferences, which complicates the translation of any findings.

After the 7 tests I’m quite surprise to find the Sensory behing ahead as it was not on my list initially (…until I’ve read that William Kelley started only using the Sensory for all wines).