Anyone use Global Entry Program?

Yes those #s are the same thing.

Global Entry makes sense for many just for the TSA pre-check. I imagine that advantage may diminish with time but right now with airports rapidly adding those lines it is a real winner. For any frequent global traveler a must if you value your time thru customs or have a tight connection.

Woohoo! Got my first TSA-Precheck ticket today! Breezed through security, which means I made it that much faster to the waiting area, where my flight is delayed 7 hours (yes, seven). Yay. Luckily AMEX also lets me into the Delta Lounge.

Did my interview the other day. Looking forward to reaping the benefits when we travel to Mexico next week and have to return to the country through LAX.

So far I’ve traveled twice and gotten Precheck both times: awesome awesome awesome!!! Especially as I was traveling last weekend during the mess that was the national air travel system.

You will love it. Returned via MIA on Sunday and took all of 5 min to get through immigration.

George

Just got approved. Had a 9:15 appointment at JFK. I got there a little before 9:00. You sign in with your appt time, and actual time. They call you based on appointment time. Well, since I got there early, my 9:15 was stuck in between all the 9:00’s. Lots of people got there after me, and they were called before me. According to the list, they were all 9:15’s. Seems the agents were not looking at the top of the list, since all the names below mine were crossed out. pileon

As we say in New York, I opened up a mouth. [wink.gif] I was next. This took all of 3 minutes once I went in.

WOW!!! You just signed up? The great traveler Dan Hammer? [snort.gif] [snort.gif]

Enjoy!

George

Very late to the game Hammer. 3 years ago I was the only one at the terminal… now I’m waiting in line (albeit a short one).

Just flew out of MIA and they are now randomly picking status folks to get in a TSA Pre line. You stand on a scale, and if it shows up Green…you are in. People in front of me and behind me got Red, and were turned away. Completely random! FUBAR

I had my interview earlier this week at LAX…

All done, I am Approved! Yeah!

My card is on it’s way and I have my number to use for TSA precheck when I book domestic flights. This is really what I’m looking forward to the most.

Quick question EDIT: Never mind, figured it out

It is almost time for us to renew. I am not sure how that will work. Assuming that they will send an email, letter or some other notification but I will be checking the GOES site to see when we can renew. Global Entry has been wonderful. With time it will expand to other countries as cooperative agreements are put in place. At many airports it is an immense time saver, MIA being one. I used to hate clearing the MIA but now if the kiosks are working (that has been a problem), MIA is a breeze. TSA precheck on the other hand is hit or miss. At DFW only a very few of the entries offer the service and often there is a problem.

Just used this for the first time coming thru customs in Atlanta from Paris. Literally off the plane and thru customs in 2 minutes. We’ll worth the fee even before Amex comped it back.

Just got my card in the mail today. Haven’t had a chance to really reap the true benefits of this yet. I have used the TSA Pre check function, which is just great.

I come back from Europe in 2 weeks, looking forward to breezing through Customs. I have really enjoyed Pre-Check so far, though Air France/Delta didn’t have it in Terminal 1 at JFK when I went through. Grrrrrrrr…

We just had our interviews today, got our e-mail approvals, and put in for Pre-check on all the carriers with whom we have accounts. Sweet.

Not having to take off your shoes makes pre-check worth it by itself. Oh, and the shorter lines. :wink:

Being (over) 75 I get to keep mine on. [cheers.gif]

This is kinda funny (or not)… caught this post at FlyerTalk’s United board

At LAS this morning the PreCheck lines were packed with people. Nearly every person was getting the single beep and they were allowed through to use Pre. I was surprised to say the least. Afterwards I asked a TSA supervisor why they were letting people without LLL to go through. He said it’s a new TSA initiative to speed up screening because the airlines only send 2-4% of passengers to Pre. The argument he made is it is inefficient to have Pre for so few passengers. I can’t help but see it as a major arbitrary decrease of security, and removing a benefit that we frequent travelers enjoyed in exchange for undergoing additional background checks. Not happy.

“TSA— Making Life Miserable Since 2001” … too bad you can’t make a nice acronym from that.

I have to save 2.5 hours of line/wait time to make up for the wait I had today at my interview

My wife and I were interviewed together, after a 2 or 3 minute wait.

neener