arranging and sorting empty bottles

1. [worship.gif]

Yes, I’m curious about the wine from 1690. Also the 17** wines. Were they Ports or the like?

1811 : one Chambertin and one Cognac
1690 : unknown wine, probably white. year discovered (and given approximately) by the study of the form of the bottle which was used during a very short period : 1670 / 1710.

Wines of the 18th century :
Rüdesheim Apostolwein Rathskeller Bremen 1727
Cognac (année de Napoléon) - 1769
Jerez (année de Napoléon) Nicolas - 1769
Lacrima Christi vin de Naples - 1780
Malaga Larios, solera 1780
Romanée Saint-Vivant 1790 (found in abbaye de Saint-Vivant)
Constantia Afrique du Sud 1791

François, are you sure that you’re not looking to adopt?

Mon dieu.

Unbelieveable photos, François. Thanks for posting.

And congratulations on your 48 year anniversary - a much greater accomplishment

I’m not sure they are ready. I was going to give mine a few more years while I work on the 1688s

[cheers.gif] I am trying to decide between four bottles for dinner tonight with a friend… all of a sudden, my problem looks very small

Great photos. I always admire Francois’ love of old wines, and how it shines through in such a positive manner.

love the pictures and the history François.
might be fun to go at it with a bowling ball

Where’s Klapp when you need him? I would love to hear his take on this.

Thank you Francois, you are an inspiration.

Left : bottle of # 1730, because the ship in which it was was wrecked in 1739. The bottle is still not opened.

Right : the bottle supposed to be 1690 after a research on the form of the bottle. One half of the wine is still there as we drank only some drops.

When I see such bottles I do not look so much for quality in wine, but to drink history. For the left bottle, Louis XV was living and for the right bottle Louis XIV was still the king of France.

At this level it is more history than wine.
The oldest really good wine that I have drunk is the 1727 Rüdesheim Apostolwein Rathskeller Bremen

Wow! How good was it? I saw it in the wine list of a restaurant in Ruedesheim just two weeks ago.
I loved the little comments they write in their list on this very old bottles: 1727 is the year in which Isaac Newton died.
Did you drink it (or bought it) there?

Oh, and you mentioned you drank many 1966 bottles. Since this is my birth year, any advice on what wines might still be good and worth hunting?
Thanks in advance.

Figeac?