Atlanta, St. Patrick's Day - anyone around?

well, with a dress code, you are already WAY ahead of Charlie Fu in planning an event.

Well, my dress tartan kilt will be at the cleaners that day, so I had to insure we did not go formal.

So we can dress Fu-style - loose, droopy poor-fitting jeans, 10-year old faded Gap henley t-shirt…and Wine Berserkers Lapel Pin to class it up a bit.

If you are open to a newcomer, I store some bottles at what I expect is the storage locale in question and would be honored to meet some locals. Only been in ATL for a year or so.

Jeff

Uh… that would be more apropos of the Clermont Lounge. Don’t ask. You DON’T want to know. [mouth-drop.gif]

Jeff, I’ll pull rank and say absolutely!!! I’m a newcomer to most of these folks as well, so we’ll hang out at the new kids table

I talked with Chris at Terra Terroir. They don’t have a St. Patty’s event, but will likely fill up that night. But he will gladly accommodate us in a private or at least semi-private area depending on size we muster. We won’t be charged corkage so long as we take very good care of his servers (and of course let Chris taste our goodies!), which will indeed do.

So I set us up for 7:30 pm on the 17th. [berserker.gif] [berserker.gif]

Chris has a “Wall of Fame” of wine bottle dead soldiers that people have brought to dine with there. It is a worthy goal to try to get a bottle put there, but the space is full, so you have to displace something already there with something better to get your empty on it!

champagne.gif

Well, that means I’ll either need to bring wine and wait for my checked bag or buy some to bring

“Oh, the Humanity!”

Just puts me there 30-40 min later, oh well. I suggested a non-wine thing, but you guys don’t listen…

Do we have a theme? Not Bordeaux, obviously, as I’ll have my fill of it and don’t have anything as good as what I’ll be enjoying…if we have a theme or something maybe I’ll ship something ahead of time.

I did check on Irish tastings, but found none - probably because the 17th is a Friday this year so nobody needs any encouragement. I literally could arrange a Scotch tasting - either thru the president of our club, or from my own single malts - but I don’t know who else that would draw. I don’t think Malcom is a whisk(e)y drinker at all. Most of my wine friends are not. I could spot you some Bushmill’s 21 yo, but last name notwithstanding, I am not a huge Irish whiskey fan.

Checked bag can be hit or miss in my experience in ATL, but I don’t think I’ve waited more than 20 minutes in limited experience lately.
There is a Total Wine store in the same shopping strip as this restaurant about two doors down…

I’ll either acquire one or send one, most likely

I think you locals should aim for this goal…

Is it just the four of us? Que romantico!

We have a few folks (4 or 5) from the CT realm who plan on joining us. And I have a couple of theme suggestions out to Dennis for feedback before sharing with the larger audience.

Actually we are planning an intervention for you and this is all a big ruse just to get you there.

What a clever ruse, particularly since I’m the one who started the planning of it… neener

I’m acquiring wine locally and might need help in having the wine delivered to a person who is attending, or perhaps to the restaurant…unless you think it’s fine to just check the bag and take the time to wait for the baggage claim.

Is it best to go MARTA, from what I gather? If so, any help in what stations/lines I should aim for from the airport?

We simply took the opportunity of knowing where you will be and when, and turned it into, well. You will see.

Getting there via Marta is a straight shot from the airport. Take the Gold line to the Brookhaven station. The station is directly across Peachtree Rd from Terra Terrior. And there is a Total wine in the same strip as the restaurant, mere steps away if you opt to obtain something local rather than deal with a checked bag.

Local:

Marta Map:

Assuming the intervention goes well, I think we can easily provide transport to the hotel.

Wow, that’s super easy since it’s a straight shot. I might even still have my MARTA card somewhere…

With my arrival at just before 6pm, I have time to wait for my bag in baggage claim and hit MARTA for the 35 min ride.

I was thinking of bringing some old wine, but the ‘bottle shock’ theorists would not approve, as it will be well-shaken by then! What do you guys like to drink?

I’ll follow suit with whatever the group would like to enjoy. Looking forward to it. JD

Bwahahaha! The first two words are irrelevant.

Seriously, just something interesting, tasty, and sharable. I will go out on a limb here and say it is more about having a good time than anything else.