Atlanta, St. Patrick's Day - anyone around?

omg so lame.

White/red? Domestic/Imported? Burgundy? CDP? Bob Wood Curmudgeon Cuvee? Gimme somethin’

I’ll weigh in.
I enjoyed the JL Chave Hermitage you brought for the one we had a few years ago. [drinkers.gif]
Love Burgundy.
Also enjoy Pinot Noir and Syrah from all over the place, though especially the Old World.

PS, I think we are at at least ten folks already.
If we go over 14 we may have a limited choice menu for them to manage service better, but they have good stuff.

We are probably over 14 already. Randy and Kris are in, and perhaps 1 or 2 more. TW may be in as well.

I will put together a list today and post here and on the corresponding CT thread along with final theme (I am reworking the second part a little. It just doesn’t work.)

Just to confirm, I’m in as well.

Ok, sports fans. Here is the promised update.

Theme: Big Bad Burgundy (I opted to not go with a Ron Burgundy reference)

Down The White Rabbit Hole and UB40 (Red Red Wine)

Ideally with our headcount two bottles of your selection would be perfect to allow for slightly larger pours. And this is an excellent opportunity to bust out that magnum you have been looking for an excuse to open! But stellar singles are, as ever, most welcome.

As of this morning (3/7) we have 13 attendees plus 1 visitor:

Jack667 +1 (possibly +2 more - awaiting word)
Musedir (Tom and Marilyn) +1
Randy and Kris Katz
Mgriffith (Malcom and Katherine) +1
Mindmuse (Dennis and Faye) +1
Todd French
Mike Evans
Jeff Davis
Ibetian (CTer) in a drive-by (cannot attend the full event)

I will get out additional updates as needed.

I’m gonna have to pull rank and say I’m likely bringing one bottle - can’t fit two in a carry-on size bag, with clothes! (as I will only do carry-on on the way back) I’ll take smaller pours than others to compensate

I don’t think we will suffer from a lack of potables.

I’ll speak only for myself, but I personally don’t think it is necessary for you to bring anything. I know that at least a few of us look forward to opportunities to deplete our cellars, and covering someone who is traveling fits the bill. I’m likely bringing at least one mag of a red, a couple single bottles of whites, and a sparkler or dessert wine, so you can be my +1. :wink:

The others expect me to, so while I’ll gladly be the BerserkerDay Champ’s +1, I’ll abide by the rules!

Rules?! We got no steenkin’ rules!

Seriously. Don’t sweat bringing anything. Just come and enjoy.

No worries, it’s not like I don’t have any wine or anything!

Do they have stems there, I presume? Is it full ‘dinner’ menu or just snacks and stuff?

You gotta admire Mike’s Throughput.

He’s gotta dump some of those BerserkerDay wines SOMEHOW

I"m thinking either 2007 Fevre Les Clos or 2005 Prince Florent de Merode Corton-Bressandes

They have plentiful stemware.
Dinner fare. Gotta keep you healthy. Mark says not to overstress your system. (I don’t think he’s gonna approve of the single malt breakfast plan…)

Once at Mark’s I’m on the clock - have to be on point, as normally I’m teamed up with the same flight as Eric Asimov [swearing.gif]

If you bring the 2007 Fevre Les Clos I will definitely bring something to pair with it.

Or maybe my wife will…

Dump BerserkerDay wines? Never! Generously share BerserkerDay bounty? Absolutely! :wink: Too bad none I have are on theme.

New update (cross posted to CT) - updated 3/13 with changes to declared wines

To recap a couple of recurring questions:

Basically we should look for a bottle per attendee. More if you are feeling magnanimous and/or want to insure that everyone can sample your offering(s).

Wine need not be specifically from Burgundy. Interesting wines using Burgundy varietals from other regions are absolutely welcome.

The object is a fun social evening to welcome a fellow wine traveler, not a rigid adherence to a formal symposium. Relax and enjoy. If you are stressing over the details then you are over thinking. Come. Bring great, interesting wine. Have fun. That the the plan in its entirety.

As of this morning (3/11) we have 19 attendees plus 1 visitor:

As of this morning (3/11) we have 19 attendees plus 1 visitor:

Jack667 +1 - 2010 Louis Latour Beaune 1er Cru Perrières x2
Jim and Traci (Jack’s original potential +2)
Musedir (Tom and Marilyn) - 2013 Maison Harbour Bourgogne x2, 2014 Remoissenet Père et Fils Bourgogne Blanc x2
Randy and Kris Katz
Mgriffith (Malcom and Katherine) +1 - 2001 Louis Latour Corton-Grancey x2, 2010 Domaine Amiot Guy et Fils Chassagne-Montrachet 1er Cru La Maltroie, 2010 Patrice Rion Nuits St. Georges 1er Cru Clos St. Marc x2
Mindmuse (Dennis and Faye) +1 - Fevre 2007 Grand Cru, or another producer’s 2007 Les Clos (working off Todd’s choice)
Todd French - 2007 Fevre Les Clos or 2005 Prince Florent de Merode Corton-Bressandes
Mike Evans
Jeff Davis
Sawtooh (CTer) +1
Greg and Leslie
Ibetian (CTer) in a drive-by (cannot attend the full event)