Atlanta

This is at the whim of Kevin. Keep in mind when you go there that Dunn HM is Kevin’s favorite wine. We took a bottle of '86 HM there one night, and I told our server to uncork it in the kitchen and let Kevin taste it for us. Kevin came out of the kitchen and thanked us personally for bringing it – no corkage that night.

Call ahead and speak to Clay and you will usually be okay for no corkage.

La Pietra Cucina $20 (occasionally waived)

miller union - $25, 1 bottle per table [head-bang.gif]

Guess you can do that when your one of the 10 best new restaurants in the US…

America's Best New Restaurants 2018 | Bon Appétit America's Best New Restaurants 2018 | Bon Appétit" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Oh…and I haven’t been here yet…and I dont see it happening before I head to France.

I’ve been, it was good, nothing that great. Didn’t bring a bottle , didn’t even ask about corkage. I would go back, but would probably head to Bocado first, better all around and a $7 corkage, only 2 blocks away.

i was there this past friday. The one bottle corkage bites. I thought food quality was very good.

Ditto. Ate at Bocado last night, early, before the Braves game. Excellent meal, Opened four bottles, charged corkage (now $9) on one.

Saw Brian today, he misses our lunches

Brought many wines to the Four Seasons a few nights ago. They charged us (maybe, since their system was apparently broken) $20 total. This was in the bar. FWIW I have not been charged in the main dining room (Park 75).

BTW- did any of you guys find out what the corkage was at Empire State South? I forgot to ask when I was there.

How is the stemware at Bocado? Would you consider it a good place for a smaller wine dinner (4-5 people) during the week?

Thanks

In order: Good. Yes.

I came here today looking for the answer to this question. Anyone know…

Got some out-of-towners coming on 10/14 if anyone’s interested - just PM me. At present it appears to be a modest gathering (7 or 8, including a couple of spouses)

I’d try a telephone call. I was at 5 & 10 in Athens Friday. I didn’t see any corkage reference on the wine menu, but it was a good and interesting selection. Certainly more typical of a wine geek’s selections than what a restaurant wine marketing consultant would say needed to be there. E.g., I think there were twice as many Rieslings as Cabernets. [shock.gif]

If you are looking to have a quiet dinner, I’d pass on this place. I was stuck in a back room and it was so loud that our table of four couldn’t talk. We were actually laughing about it. The whole place is wood and there is nothing on the walls or floor to drown it out. I do feel like my mother, complaining about noise in a restaurant, but just an FYI.

No idea on corkage, but the wine list was pretty good and they do have decent stemware. Food wasn’t bad either. As usual, mains were the least interesting part of the meal.

The wine list is pretty great at Empire State South. I’ve not been impressed with the bar staff or service though, and haven’t had enough of the food to comment.

Claude Genet blanc de blancs grand cru farmer fizz, just above retail price, $40. Very nice selection of burgs, and, yes, rieslings. Plus some fun notes on the wine menu that make for a good read.

Brad, I agree about the service.

Went again last night to Empire State South. The somm Steven is an excellent guy, and as Brad mentioned, they have a very nice list. Corkage is $20.

PSA: through the end of the month, 1/2 price full bottles at Park 75 in the Four Seasons on the weekends (Fri & Sat nights). Anniversary dinner so we had '02 Cristal for less than local retail last night rather than open what we brought!