Atlanta

Pura Vida- $15. decent stemware.

Wisteria $15

Noticed today at lunch that Fox Bros BBQ had a $10 corkage fee…

And we asked about doing a private event . . . let everyone know when we get the details.

I like me some BBQ. Anyone got feedback on this? And “better than Harold’s” is not feedback.

Along with Community BBQ this is considered to be the best in ATL.
Others are not close.

Pacci has waived corkage every time I’ve called ahead and asked. Food & service is great too, just have to avoid a couple things on the menu.

Considered by whom? I can’t find any ranking that puts them at the top of the heap. Certainly not the latest comprehensive survey (of 58 joints) by Bill Addison in the July 2010 issue of Atlanta magazine - neither Fox Bros. nor Community BBQ made his top five.

Bullshit. Unless, perhaps, you’re using the narrowest possible definition of “ATL” (within the city limits) - and even then you’re ignoring Anderson’s (home of the pig ear sandwich), Rolling Bones, Daddy D’z (inconsistent, but at the top of the heap on its good days), Wyatt’s Diner, P’Cheen, etc.

But you can’t be using that definition or you couldn’t include Community: it’s in Decatur.

I give high marks to both Fox Bros. (though pulled pork is its weak suit; fried pickles are the best thing on the menu) and Community (pulled pork can be dry; smoked sausage is excellent; mac & cheese is transcendent), but I’ll put Sam’s BBQ1 in Marietta or Ziegler’s in Acworth (carryout only) up against all comers.

+1

That said, there are a couple of local places I need to try: Big Shanty Smokehouse in Kennesaw, and newcomer Heirloom Market BBQ on Akers Mill close to Galleria. Farther afield, I owe it to myself to eat at the Hickory Pig in Gainesville and Blind Pig BBQ in Jackson.

It’s quite tasty…the pp sammich is great.

BT Bob,

Tell me about Heirloom BBQ.
That one is close to me.

RE: Sam and Daves #1

I only like their beef brisket.

According to BT Bob, that is not BBQ. It has to be whole hog and pork. It is the best beef brisket in town to my taste buds besides that one you did at Joel’s for a holiday.

Heirloom is temporarily closed last time I heard…they had a small kitchen fire…said it was going to be 1-2 weeks and that was a few days back…might want to call before you go, etc… (I haven’t been yet…but Beercan Jimmy has)

http://www.heirloommarketbbq.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.bbqgeek.com/2010/11/heirloom-market-bbq.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

No kitchen fire, and open for business, according to this: http://www.bbqgeek.com/2010/11/heirloom-market-fire-update.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Had Heirloom BBQ pork and brisket.
I didn’t think it was as good as the better places.
Even Pig n Chick has better pork to me.
The beef brisket at Sam and Daves is light years better.

Maybe just an off day.

Tough crowd.

Liotta’s house tonight…free corkage…all I had to bring was a 36-42 oz Linz dry aged porterhouse…

Where is that like button.

I guess I should have looked to see if they were open on Mondays before deciding this is where I was going to have dinner tonight.
[oops.gif] [cry.gif]

Maybe I missed it . . . anyone know the deal Rosebud? Dennis?