Atlanta

$20
Often waived if you get Ron on a good night and ply him with a glass.

Hopefully Friday night is one of those nights!

the anti- thanksgiving?

Day before.

FWIW, looks like Craft and CraftBar will be closing. The new owners of the Mansion and Craft could not work out an agreement to stay.

No relocation? Wonder how business was?

In my experience (over probably 5 visits), business was good but not great. Usually not packed, especially once the newness wore off. I had some really good meals there, and some that were just okay. I would say this is either a public stunt to try to force the landlord into a compromise, or an excuse to close because they’re under-performing. Sadly, the lack of relocation talk seems to indicate the latter.

Regarding Craft, not really surprising, as the restaurant was set up to get hotel business. As the hotel has had horrible occupancy, a key component of their revenue never materialized. I always liked the food, space, service, etc.

I was surprised to see that Dynamic Dish closed. I wasn’t the biggest fan, but did appreciate what they were doing. I could never reconcile their prices with their low rent (and presumably) low food cost, but surprising nonetheless.

I, for one, was more than willing to pay for the magic. I mourn their passing.

I think they were paying around $23 per square foot FWIW . . .

RE- Craft
I’ve dined there nearly fifteen times and have regularly felt it was lacking in a number of areas. Front of the house has improved the most since opening, but they really only had one way to go. The wine staff has generally been good and the list interesting enough, though like many Atlanta restaurants it was primarily filled with big name domestic wines and young wines from the rest of the world. The waitstaff regularly underwhelmed. They routinely had little knowledge of their products (including wine) and, as they worked in teams, extremely unorganized, with only the captain being competent. The food was also hit or miss- specials and seasonal items tended to miss more than regular offerings. Sides were also less than exciting. I always wanted the restaurant to be better than it was- but I was a regular customer, so it will be missed.

Dynamic Dish I will miss (and already do). Craft? Not so much.

David Sweeney from Dynamic Dish is now the Chef de Jardin at Eugenes.
Hopefully Linton Hopkins will let him do a few special all veggie nights.
If you thought Dynamic Dish was expensive, now David’s food has escaped to another financial level above that.

Your wish is Eugene’s demand, Dr. Feelgood. Five- and seven-course vegetable menus are already being featured.

Restaurant Eugene: Calling all Vegetable Lovers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

YES!!!

Wow, that is insane.

I saw above that you went to rosebud, how was it?

Has anyone been to Local Three?

I can’t really recommend Rosebud.

Might be checking out Local Three on Friday.

Local Three is promising. Had a quick bite there at the bar, not enough to fully judge the food, but what I’ve heard has been very positive and the menu sounds great. I was there before service started and got to listen in a bit on their staff meeting - there is definite passion for the food there. Nice whiskey selection, small but good beer selection, the dreaded “eclectic” wine list is actually pretty decent overall but not likely to be what a lot of the folks on this board are looking for.

A few photos and more to give you a feel for the place at Local Three, Atlanta: Elvis, The Dude, & a Big Pig – Thirsty South" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Went to Farmburger again last night.
Still Zero Corkage.
Not the greatest atmosphere for wine, counter service and all, but zero corkage and good burgers is nice.

Outstanding meal last night at La Fourchette.

BYO enthusiastically welcomed, corkage $20, no limitations.