Aubert Spring Release

Interesting… My email said it opens tomorrow (Jan 15). I just logged in and still says “no allocation.”. I am new to the list this year; I wonder if they do a staged release? People who have been on longer get earlier access?

i have been ordering for over a decade and nothing available

I’m not sure what criteria Aubert uses, but some do get “priority access” a day before the general release.

Priority ! (BUT give them a call and I think you can score )

While Aubert’s offerings are “first come, first served”, I don’t know that your allocation is at risk if you log in when the release opens tomorrow. I know from experience that if you wait a few days you may miss one or two of the bottlings that you were originally allocated, but even in that case, you may be able to get some via wishlist.

I agree with the comments that Aubert is a step or two above Kistler. I have been on the Kistler list since the late 1990’s, and have dropped off recently. We don’t drink a lot of Chardonnay these days, so my allocation from Aubert (which I don’t maximize) is more than enough, along with a few bottles of Kongsgaard and our Marcassin allocation. Other favorites that I no longer buy simply due to not drinking enough Chardonnay include Morlet, Paul Lato, Littorai, Peter Michael, and Rhys. All outstanding wines, but one can only drink so much.

1 Like

Allocation e-mail arrived and my order is in!

Would someone be so kind to post the pricing on the SVD chards for this year’s release?

Also, out of curiosity,

1. Is holding wines for pickup an option?
  2. Is there still a minimum order of 6/12 bottles required?

Thanks! Looking forward to tomorrow!

Holding wines for pickup hasn’t been an option. The closest alternative seems to be delivery to local storage facilities or picking up at Wineshipping. The release email did talk about their renovated winery and an upcoming announcement about visiting it. Maybe pick up at the winery will be possible in the future ? I wouldn’t count on it, but …

12 bottle minimum …

2017 CIX Estate Vineyard Sonoma Coast Chardonnay $100.00

2017 Eastside Vineyard Russian River Chardonnay $85.00

2017 Larry Hyde & Sons Vineyard Carneros Chardonnay $85.00

2017 Lauren Estate Vineyard Sonoma Coast Chardonnay $100.00

2017 Powder House Estate Vineyard Sonoma Coast Chardonnay $90.00

2017 Sugar Shack Estate Vineyard Napa Valley Chardonnay $95.00

2017 UV-SL Vineyard Sonoma Coast Chardonnay $85.00

Thanks Scott! I really appreciate the information!

I think there has been a 6 bottle minimum in the past, but that could have changed recently.

I just got off the waitlist but if it’s a 12 bottle minimum I’m not going to participate.

tbh, I was thinking along the same lines. I guess we’ll find out for ourselves tomorrow. Maybe the “priority” customers have a higher minimum order?

That’s right. Folks who jump in tomorrow have 6 bottle minimum.

Yep. I don’t have Marcassin money any more.

6 bottle min for me each year for the last 4. Regular Joe buyer

Open as of now for me. Passing due to forced cutbacks although I love the wines. That said, I find the new 12 bottle minimum, I though it used to be 4 but maybe 6, to be ridiculous. If I was buying like I traditionally did, I would not have bought 12. Happy to pass mine along at cost to anyone who wants.

Open for me too. Was not offered to select wines separately, instead offered a 6pk set consisting of (3) Larry Hyde, (1) Eastside, (1) UV-SL, and (1) Powder House for $515.

Unfortunately, not the combo I wished for (80 dollars in tax and shipping doesn’t help either) so I’ll be passing.

First time on the list and was extremely excited about ordering. My hope was to be able to order a bottle each of 6 of the wines. However, my offer was a pre-selected group of 6, to include 1 each of Powder House, UV-SL, and Eastside, and 3 bottles of Larry Hyde. I’ll probably pass as I don’t like pre-selected offerings, and I wasn’t interested in half of my purchase being the same wine.

I’m sure others would really enjoy this offer though, so I hope others enjoy their purchases!