Aubert Spring Release

I was also offered 2 6-packs of pre-selected wine. My understanding is that this is done for first time buyers, and next time there will be flexibility in what you would like to order.

Also, according to a close friend, the 12 bottle minimum was put in place for those who wanted to order early last year. Once the official release time opened, it dropped to 6. Not sure it will happen again this year, but possibly.

I have had 6 bottle min in the past but had it raised to 12 this year. I will call to see if it can be reduced. If not, that’s a big pill to swallow, however delicious the wines are…

The shipping is a killer as it’s 2 day. Ground would cut the price by $70 per case, or $6 per bottle. That’s like a 2nd tax on the wine. Ah well, they are fantastic, what are you gonna do…
In a world where Harlan charges what, $700 per bottle? Aubert at $100 or so is value.

Tell them, I did !

I may be able to help out someone local (Houston TX) or who will be in the area … PM is best.

I just placed my order of 6 bottles. Been buying since the 2012 vintage and was offered what I bought last year, with the exception of Sugar Shack, which was offered as a wish list item.

For those on the fence, all I can tell you is that IMO, these are the finest chardonnays in North America. I don’t drink grand cru white burgundy, but many who do state these wines are in the same tier as some of the best France has to offer. The difference being that Aubert is considerably less than what you’d pay for a top white burg.

Just some food for thought…
champagne.gif

Minimum 6 bottles - I’ve been buying since 2005. Love the wines but as everyone here says, shipping is PAINFUL.

So I was impatient and logged in Before 11 AM. At that point my offer was 12 bottles. Automatically refreshed later and the minimum was six… Patience remains a virtue

Ordered (I had a 6 min, but ordered more than that).

I ordered a mixed six (2x UV-SL, 2x Powder House, 1x Lauren, 1x CIX) but left the others on the table (no offer for Sugar Shack)… it pained me not to take more but I’m spread too thin.

Allocation seems to have been withdrawn after I decided to pass.

I’d check again, and then call if you still don’t see anything. I just looked at my allocation, and other than Sugar Shack, which is sold out, the bottles I didn’t take with my purchase yesterday are still available to me now. I’ve not heard of Aubert removing allocations unless the wine is sold out.

Got the pre-selected half case as first timer, hoping I can get to choose what to buy next year. Was hoping to get CIX, more Eastside and Powder House…

It seems that way. Tried again to access from both email link and website, and no go. I was offered (2) 6-pks previously if that made a difference. Oh wells, I bought a lot of wine from the other releases today. We’ll come back to this next year…

Does the 6 pack come with a wood box? Curious if that contributes to the shipping cost.

That would be cool… but no

I recieved the offer yesterday. I guess I was on the “special list” somehow. 22 bottles. Big CC Charge, but it’s my favorite amongst the New World Chard Producers. Consistantly fantastic.

wanted to go big again but holding back, in for 6

cheers

First time on the active list, was hoping to get CIX/Powder House/Eastside but only got the pre-selected 6-pack. Got one anyway and hope to be able to select myself next year.

This is the 3rd time I have been offered wines and decided to jump on it this time. Wasn’t offered the powder house or sugar shack but got a bottle of the Lauren and UV-SL. I called Aubert today and was told as time goes on, you’ll have more options available to you if you order wine every time.

1 Like