Beer Trading Feedback

— Don’t dilly-dally. It really sucks when you send your shipment out right away, and then you have to wait (often with no communication from the other party) for the other party to ship “when they feel like it.” Be forthright about WHEN you’re able and willing to ship — and do this from the get-go.

— Communicate. It only takes 1 minute to send a PM or email, so “I’m too busy” is really a piss-poor excuse for not doing so. If you’re too busy to communicate in a timely manner, then you’re too busy to trade.

Be careful pouring that Saison Rue Bob, those suckers are gushers.

Joe, for some odd reason, that reminds me of an episode of “the Courtship of Eddie’s Father”. Heaven help the person who is old enough to remember that show (and worse- if it was your favorite show). pileon hitsfan [whistle.gif] [oops.gif] [pillow-fight.gif]

Hahaha, you better help me then. I probably watched every episode, Bill Bixby and Mrs. Livingston!

Is this going to be the thread for feedback or is it going somewhere else? I am confused apparently. I wanted to make sure that people here know that I have utmost confidence in Joe and Brian if folks are going to trade with them. I won’t give their last names for Google reasons but if you can’t figure out who the brian and Joe of the beer forum are, then you’re just not paying attention. [berserker.gif]

I take it that THIS is THE thread for beer (and spirits?) trading feedback. [wow.gif] pepsi [berserker.gif]

I’ve also had positive experience trading with Joe and Jorge. It should be noted, however, that with those two I met them in person, so undoubtedly the physical intimidation factor was in play with those transactions. [snort.gif]

I have had nothing but great experiences with the folks here on the beerserker page. In process now with Mr.Akers on what will be another successful trade.

Cheers…

Bud

I have been a lurker on this beer forum but would gladly trade here. I have used this commerce corner and been nothing but satisfied with it…I would expect no less on the beer forum. Also, I think this is a fantastic idea; I agree that beer is something much more regionalized than wine and it makes even more sense to have something like this on Wineberserkers. I haven’t done beer trades before but I, like Bob, can easily access certain beer such as Southern Tier, Troegs, etc but would love to get my hands on some of the harder to find Great Lakes beers and some West Coast Beers such as Russian River.
w

Great Lakes is pretty accessible arounbd here.

I spoke with another BB member who wanted Leifman’s Goudenbrand and finds it hard to find. I trip over it around here. I am sure there are tons of examples like this. If you want something, just ask. Like Mike, I’d like to try Russian rIver only because you guys talk about it here so much.

Bob,

Have you seen the Blackout Stout or their newest double IPA, Alchemy Hour, around you? Some of the places around me carry their basic stuff and even some seasonal beers like Conway’s Irish Ale, but I haven’t had much luck with the two I mentioned.

I’ve traded with Ryan Kilkenney twice. So awesome to have a trader in the Chicago area – but I’d like to keep him to myself if possible, so please disregard.

Argh! I wish I had seen this last night as I drove right by the store. I’ll check this week for you.

Plenty of BCBS in my parts if anyone is after any. I think it’s $24.99/4-pack.

Peter – any of the variants (Coffee, Cherry Rye, Bramble, etc)? I’m set on the regular, but would love the others.

Successful trades from my perspective, too.

traded with bud rhoades and had a great transaction. I’ve also traded with Jorge and Mark Franks and have had great transactions with them as well

Peter C= Fantastic trader. Timely, communicative & easy to work with. Just checked & your box should arrive tomorrow Peter!

Right back at Anthony, easy as pie. Psyched to try some new beers!

I’ve had very positive experiences with Peter C as well. A+

I’ve also had a transaction with G Barkley that went very well. Another A+

If anyone ever needs anything from the Carolinas, just let me know. Terrapin make some great stuff, and there is a lot of micro-producers in area.