Benchmark bin sale

:shrug: I can only attest to the fact that this is the third or fourth time ive ordered from Bin sales for benchmark and every time its been combined with my other orders without any issues. of course now that I’ve said it ill have jinxed it.

04 cdc isn’t a bad deal

Great buys on Vintage Port and Barolo.

I would call them. I don’t think they enforce it. I bought off their “didn’t sell at auction” offer last week, and I was invited by email when discussing shipping to order more and consolidate for shipping later this fall.

There’s an option Hold & Consolidate when checking out. It will combine with your previous orders. I have been doing this for years.

I’d be shocked if you couldn’t consolidate (and am almost certain I have before). They have really fantastic customer service.

Then I have no idea why that line exists in the first place.

agreed it does seem like a strange thing to list when they are not enforcing it and dont have a history of enforcing it. plus it makes it harder on them logistically i feel like.

I have definitely combined shipping before, I expect this is standard disclaimer language in case you wanted something ASAP.

I think the value in these sales has definitely decreased post-tariff, but I did pick up a couple of things that I thought were pretty underpriced.

I have gotten some nice deals on Benchmark bin sales, but it is very much hit and miss. For me, this one was a big miss.

I always consolidate, no issues. They send me a couple cases fall and spring, no issues, except I had one “cold chain” shipment that wasn’t temp controlled on the last leg; I think the wine was fine, but a little irritating.

How long will they hold wine before pushing buyers to ship or pick up? I thought it was only 30 days there, which in my feel is a condition out of sync with the industry.

I just picked up some 2014 Domaine de Trevallon @$55 which didn’t seem bad.

Also for any of you looking for any back vintages from Roy Piper, there’s 1 2011 @$100 and a few 2014’s @$125 - those seem like decent prices.

It’s only 30 days when whether permits shipping. Otherwise, they’ll hold until it cools down. In fact, they’ll advise you to not ship or sign a waiver if it’s even in the high 70s or so.

The Bachelet Gevrey VV is the best price I have seen for that wine in the US.

I saw the Cotes de Nuits for 75, but not the Gevrey VV; did they discount both to 75?

Yes. 3 left right now for Bachelet. I found the '17 Bachelet Gevrey VV to be singing right now. Loved the purity of the wine.

The ones that were and still are left for $75 are the Cote de Nuits, not the Gevrey VV.

I had the 17 Gevrey VV last week; it was a nice wine, though I found it fairly one dimensional (others liked it more than I did).

Saw the 2017 Cote de Nuits was in the $55 bin, the 2017 GG VV was $75 bin

My overall feeling about Bachelet, albeit not based on comprehensive experience but a decent number of bottles over the years, including the Charmes-Chamb, is the domaine is very good and has good typicity but I’ve never been wowed. Same boat?