Benchmark bin sale

Different vintages of the Cote de Nuits.

Yeah, Iā€™ve never quite understood the hype. Theyā€™re good, but at that price, tough to justify.

Iā€™m a fan; I think itā€™s more about purity of fruit but I can see how some people may find it glossy?

I donā€™t find it glossy, I mostly find it not interesting enough for the money. Itā€™s clearly good wine.

Interesting. I love it for pure fruit and gevrey typicity. Not sure what else youā€™d expect from a village wine. What would you prefer instead?

The Gevrey VV is gone. Definitely $75 on my receipt.

But it was there when Greg posted. 16 CdN and 17 GC VV were both $75. 17 CdN was $55.

Yeah I bought the rest of it

the 30 days is only during shipping season. for example, if you buy in June they donā€™t start counting the 30 days until shipping weather rolls back around.

Interesting. I checked when posting both times and it didnā€™t show up for me.

I donā€™t think the fruit is particularly pure, and itā€™s rarely under $110. Itā€™s Gevrey, but fairly boring. I can get good 1er crus for that price or the only red village I buy in any quantity - Fourrier (which is what pure fruit is in Gevrey).

I mean fourrier gevrey vv is pretty great.

I know, thatā€™s why I buy it! :slight_smile:

Shouldā€™ve bought all the 15 Tawse Clos de ormes for 55, got one btl.

Wow, Benchmark has the 2012 Chateau lā€™Eglise Clinet, Pomerol, for $125 on its bin sale. I grabbed a couple. Just had a most excellent 2014 a week or so ago, wonderful wines.

2012 Gracia for $100ā€¦not bad

Another sale and again somewhat dissapointed with it. Not a lot of great deals during their recent bin sales.

Agreed. Stopped looking after awhile.

2012 Pol Roger RosĆ© at $75 and 1977 Grahamā€™s Port at $100 were buys for me.

2013 Beaulieu Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon Rarity $970 for 1.5. I might have left off the WA 91 point score at that price.