Berserker Blend from Flannery is the greatest ground beef ever.

We need more.

Had this 3 times now and despite What George Chadwick says I agree with you. It makes an amazing burger. Kali is pretty close but this has produced the finest burger I’ve ever eaten.

Sean

I haven’t tried Kali blend, but if they don’t do Berserker blend next time I order, I’ll give it a go…though I won’t do it willingly. Katie will hear from me!

The Kali blend is delicious. Definitely has the aged beef element to it and the fat content for a juicy burger.
I have only opened one package of the Berserker Blend. The richness and flavor is all there but I found the grind was a bit too chunky for burgers. A little bite of gristle here and there in the blend. Would be great in a stew/chili/Bolognese sauce, but, for me, it was not quite refined enough for a burger or meatballs.
Although with a name like 'Berserker Blend," I was not expecting refinement.
(And I mean that in a good way. “With all due respect” as some may say.)

I have more Kali arriving tomorrow. It’s insanely good.

I should’ve gotten some. I did just take advantage of the hanger sale though.

And since I nagged her enough, Katie put it back on the site, live, until end of May

https://www.flannerybeef.com/butcher/burger-blends/berserker.html

(and there’s a discount as well, will be emailed soon, 15% off ribeyes and 25% off burger blends - code MEMORIALDAY )

1 Like

We served May Adventurous Blend for burger night at a family reunion Friday night: many people asked for the website address! True ‘word in mouth’ networking!

Perfection.

Next, to stock up on more!

Not working for me, but I see a sale price on the burger blend as is. Did they end up just making this a sale instead of a coupon code?

on the Berserker Blend, yeah, I think it shows with the discount

BTW, using Berserker Blend with my lasagna tomorrow!

Have this up for holiday weekend cookout with the chefs in the family … can’t wait!

Any favorite burger tips for this blend? And Scott - recipe for those Korean meatballs?

I’ve done it with Swedish meatballs previously and it was insane

2 Likes

It doesn’t make the best burgers. We prefer the flavor of the adventurous blend. We use BB for everything else when the recipe calls for burger meat.

Oh my … so many options! I will try that next! I did order some traditional in case the kids prefer it (or I might … you never know!)

I should add that I do of course always believe Todd is always right! [worship.gif]

We all have our faults. [snort.gif]

Order in!
Doubled up this time.

1 Like

Well THAT’S not smart! You don’t have to suck up to me, you already have that super-exclusive badge!!! neener

just received my latest Flannery box. Drove home and immediately cooked a 1 lb Kali blend burger on the grill. I was going to break it into 4 1/4 lb segments but the meat was bound so tightly I just flattened it and did a 1 lb burger. Delicious aged beefy nutty flavors but very dense, more like steak. Guess the vac packing compresses the meat. Have a couple other blends to try. Nice.

one of my fave Champagnes also.

1 Like

Look I found today!
7E814830-26DF-427B-B813-7973B1DE5DD0.jpeg
3EE90DB6-C6D9-4104-8C0F-4DC0EC1C39EE.jpeg

1 Like