Berserker Blend from Flannery is the greatest ground beef ever.

Will be testing it out today … hope I don’t need to turn in my badge!

1 Like

Bibimbap!
The BB’s depth of flavor elevates this dish to new heights.

1 Like

OH DAMN!

One of my FAVORITE dishes, and i haven’t had it in so long…and to just imagine it with BerserkerBlend Flannery!!!

First time ordering the Flannery Berserker blend … it made a vary tasty grilled burger with a dried shiitake seasoning, a sautéed shiitake and shallot topping, and cheddar gruyere black truffle cheese. And, it paired very nicely with an ‘18 Bedrock Cali Syrah.
D8A5C550-40D8-4676-89EA-9A79773E614A.jpeg

1 Like

Bumping my own post, as, once again, I used Flannery Berserker Blend for my Bolognese, and it was (literally) the best Bolognese I have ever made. The kind where you get the texture just right and not a single drop of ‘tomato water’ shows up on the plate after you pour the sauce over the pasta. Flavor is never an issue when this meat is the base for your sauce, but getting the texture correct is never easy. (I only wish this was a double batch - doubt I’ll be able to replicate it)

2 Likes

Can we get Bryan to make us a berserker bolognese blend: beef, pork, maybe veal or lamb?

2 Likes

That is a terrific idea.

1 Like

I have asked them in the past for ground pork, nothing yet - love the idea, @bryan_flannery

thats a great idea! was going to make some patty melts with some of mine as I just made a loaf of rye bread, but your post has changed my mind for this weekend. Ill grind up some pork butts for the ground pork and use the beef, slow simmer for 6 hours, make some fresh pasta and go at it!

Where is your recipe? Maybe @Martin_Zwick can help!

Love the Beserker blend, but the steak blend blows it out of the water!:cut_of_meat::cut_of_meat::cut_of_meat::cut_of_meat:

I use Marcella Hazan’s as my basis, but add far more tomato (personal preference for the family) and have taken to using passata which works SO well.

1 Like

Made burgers this weekend with this year’s Berserker Blend and, of course, it’s amazing. It’s a more funky (aged beef flavor funky) blend than prior years, and my kids actually thought it was too much! I loved it.

Yeah, when you cook it, you can smell the delicious funk - works GREAT in a sauce, not sure I"d try in a burger but I might!

I blended it with a pound of 85/15 regular ground beef to cut it a bit and it was still pretty funkalicicous.

I used 4 lbs for chili. Excellent.

Hey Todd, do you brown your beef before adding to the sauce ? Tx

Yup - I follow Marcella Hazan’s recipe, which calls for the beef to be added after the vegetables are salted. I change it a bit as I use passata instead of the crushed whole San Marzano tomatoes, as the result is just fantastic, far better for all of us here in the house who love the recipe. The recipe is all over the place, but here’s one without a paywall - Marcella Hazan's Bolognese Sauce – Leite's Culinaria

1 Like

Awesome, thanks!