Berserker Day debriefing thread....whoooo!

It was a hoot! Mr. M made encouraging noises from the sidelines but otherwise left me to my own devices, so I had all the fun this year. Next year I’ll try to get him involved as well, which will probably mean we’ll buy twice as much. Not that that’s a bad thing!

I picked up a couple of new wineries, so bottles purchased TY vs LY were the same. Can’t say the same for my credit card spend. Thank you Bryan Flannery. [whistle.gif]

Bought 2 Sandler 4 packs. Shipping one to me and 1 to my best friend up in Boston. We can have fun virtual tasting nights 1000 miles away.

(California sparkling BD13???)

I don’t buy quite as much wine as a lot of others on this board, but I still bought a lot more than anticipated. I’m very excited to try Stereophonic and Saunter for the first time! Also, I’m already drooling over the 130-day dry aged ribeye, and it’s not even here yet!

What a great day! This IS what it’s all about - the community supporting the community! Loved seeing the enthusiasm from the purchasers this year - not just buying but interacting as well. To me, again, that’s what this board and community are about.

To me, ‘how I did’ is less important as whether the community celebrated this site and this board in an appropriate way - and the answer is a resounding YES!!!

And for those who are not COMPLETELY spent emotionally and monetarily, many producers, including me, extend the offers for a couple of days just because there were SO MANY posted yesterday!

As others have said, thanks to Todd, Brig and Co for organizing and dealing with way too many ‘last minute’ issues. The auction went off without a hitch, and all of that goes directly to financially supporting this board. All of the items were donated by the producers - another way we as a collective group work for the betterment of this board.

Thank you all once again.

Cheers!

So much fun, as usual. Hit some old favorites (Loring, Paetra) but have a bunch of new-to-me producers coming. Also, I basically hit my forecasted budget right on the head. [cheers.gif]

Regarding the server…

Todd - You’re gonna need a bigger boat!

That’s me on berserkerday “chumming some of this shit” with Todd relaxing in the cabin. LOL

that was really a blast! Very well done, and a great opportunity to get aquatinted with new producers!

This was my biggest year.

Thanks again to everyone who organized, contributed, and supported this effort.

Got the fraud alert from my credit card company before 10 AM, so that was a first! champagne.gif

Thank you to Todd and the organizers for a great 2 days of learning and fun. Would also like to say a special thanks to the vendors for offering up quality products at great pricing and the willingness to answer all questions thrown at them. I also want to give a shout out to those Beserkers who have purchased from these vendors in previous years and willing to share their experiences and have directly made my credit cards ache. Cheers, Gary

Todd…As the list of participants grows beyond wine, glasses, accessories and various protein and other consumables, another category to perhaps include next year would be knives/serveware/cutting boards. Seems like a natural extension and certainly one I would have an interest in.

Cheers,
Adam

Thank you for a great BDday! I really enjoyed reading all of the offers. They made me excited about wine again, especially after a streak of BLEH bottles from a large retailer that shall remain unnamed. I needed a pick-me-up and this was it!

Did I miss some type of event? I want a barrister if I’m to be debriefed about something I wasn’t privy to.

Would love to find a winery that does affordable champagne…

Funny, I also participated for the first time. No wine but I did buy a few stems.

Not Champagne, but good cheap sparkling done in extra dry, off dry and rose’ at $20 or less per bottle.

This year was a good one. Nice selection with new entries this year and good participation.
Thanks Todd, Brig and crew for the work in organizing this event.
And thank you to the wineries, and other people that put up offers. It is enjoyable learning about you and your wines, crafts and food products. I ended up buying more than I need but less than I want.

Yep, I bought stems as well. And Flannery extra aged.

2 Days of Peace and Wine. Where all things of the Universe come together as one.

The wine making, food purveying and other merchant participants bring to us phenomenal products. But even more so they are folks that I genuinely want to do business with. It truly is a Community