BerserkerDay 11 - How did you do?

Being in Canada and dealing with the limitations of shipping/bringing wine back over the border I really had to control myself, I wish I could have bought twice as much. That being said I was one of the lucky/fast enough fingered folks to pick up the Kelley Fox vertical and the 2015 Salt Vine 3 pack. Added the 6 pack of of PGC and my first Grassls for good measure.

Happy BD!

Do magnums count as 1 bottle or 2 … [stirthepothal.gif]

Briceland pinot plus pv, Halcon Rhone, Tercero rose, Veleta oil and tuna, coffee

Sojourn pinots x6 +free cab
Loring “the three”x2 + 1 mystery pinot

Bidding on the loring auction as well.

If I weren’t cutting back, I’d have been in on v madrone, Salt vine and Di Co. hopefully they’ll be back next year.

Ladd
Sandler
Halcon
iOTA*
Scherrer*
Paetra
Terrien*

• First time purchase

2nd Timer. A few bottles less of wine but more other stuff

Sojourn - went for a mixed case for the 10% off and the free cab. Did this last year and what a deal and what a great winery.
Goodfellow - 6pack of the BD Chard. Introduced to them last year at BDX
Salt Vine - both the '15 OWC and some '16. Super excited about these
Grassl - first time set of 1885 and Cru glasses
Flannery Beef - first time Porterhouse and Rudd

I was good, only logged in three times. All new BD purchases for me ‘cept for Campesino and Grassl.
Di Costanzo Farella 3 bottle vertical - Excited to try these
Castelli Fosco x2 and Estate Nebbiolo x4 - Have always wanted to bite on this offer
Campesino Baybos Sampler - been too long
Scherrer Helfer Chard mini vertical - Stunning Chards
Grassl Glas Mineralitie 6pk - filling out the collection
Flannery Hangers x4, Ribeyes 10oz x2, 16oz x2, 20oz x2 and 24oz x1 - never too much Flannery in the freeze.

An unexpectedly big year for me. Living in Ohio w/its crazy $$ ‘minimum’ state pricing, its less expensive for me to buy direct from the producers online and pay shipping than to buy from a local retailer. So, BD is perfect for me: great producers/people who do the right thing, the right way for the right reasons, IMO. And the prices and varietals meet my tastes and budget. I’ve been fortunate to meet many of the people I buy from and learned a lot from them and WB in general. So, thanks to all. This year I bought 174 bottles from 13 producers, 4 of them new to me: Briceland, Goodfellow, Franny Beck, Wilde Farm, Virage, Neufeld, Ladd, Longplay, Paetra, Campesino, Calluna, Castelli and V Madrone. This will be about 80% of my total buys this year. Average price/bottle was the same as last year altho this year focused more on ‘big’ reds and mixed white varietals and not so much on Pinot or Syrah as prior years. And much of the wine I buy later in the year will be from WB producers at their Spring or Autumn releases.

Cheers

Bought myself some Sandler - my GF loves Pinot and I need to keep her happy - and have enjoyed the orders coming in yesterday and today. Excited to share my wines with those who have tried them before and some newbies. And I hope to wine an auction item or two . . .

Cheers.

Riverain x 4
Grassls x 10
Di Costanza x 6
Scherrer x 9
Ridge x 6

Just over 2 cases and 10 new glasses.

well, I guess I won’t have to change the BD All Pro award this year!

12 Sojourn
12 Greyscale
24 Sabelli-Frisch
6 Riverain

24 Wilde Farm
12 Bevela Wines

About the same as last year, happy I was able to constrain myself. It could have gotten real ugly for the old CC.

I tried to restrain myself… [oops.gif]
9 Franny Beck
4 Longplay
6 Patty Green
3 JBNeufeld*
6 Violin*
6 Kelley Fox*
6 Say When*
12 L’Ecole No. 41
4 Zoetic
4 iskaranu*
6 Di Costanzo DI CO*
6 Thomas Fogarty*
6 Scherrer*
6 Grassl Mineralite glasses
8 new to me this year.
So many wonderful choices.
Last year my BD10 purchases were the bulk of what I bought all year.
Thanks to Todd, Brig, and everyone else for a truly wonderful day!

Briceland - 24 bottles
Cabot - 6 bottles
Grassl - 4 glasses and a decanter
Halcon - 6 bottles
Wilde - 12 bottles

All are repeat except Halcon, that is new for me.

First Berserker Day for me, and the combination of a wine cellar expansion in process & extra cash budgeted for stocking up led to purchases from 17 producers, all of which will be new to me.

The deals were great, and the entire event was unbelievably well run - the WB admins & every producer from whom I purchased.

Cheers!

The real question is how did the winemakers/vendors do. [cheers.gif]

Every purchase most likely is going to be shared with others that enjoy wine, turning them on to a new label, and one perhaps that they may want to seek out and purchase on their own.

Will be doing the anonymous poll as I always do, but with most tiny companies like we have here, it takes a while to tally everything up, as it’s more of a ‘manual process’

Looking forward to a nice offline up the road!!

Tercero Rhône whites
Goodfellow Chards
Scherrer Chards
Thomas Fogarty Chards
EIEIO Chards

I’ve been limiting myself to white wine lately. So much red in the cellar. I’m excited about these