BerserkerDay 11 - How did you do?

Scherrer- 12 bottles (9 Zin and 3 Chard)
Salt Vine- 2 bottle of the 2016 Cab
Ladd- 10 bottles (6 PN and 2 each Cab Franc/Tempranillo
Calluna- 12 bottles (Estate and CVC)
Bien Nacido- 6 bottles (4 Syrah and 2 XU Syrah)
Coffee
Flannery

that’s actually a good idea - I suffer from the same malady

Tercero Rose x12
Liquid Farm Chard x3, PN x3
*Castelli Nebbiolo Fosco x4, Estate x2
*Salt Vine '16 x2
*Veleta Sardines + Seafood Sampler

*=new to me!

Edit: Totally forgot I had also bought a mixed case of Wilde Farm as well.

Terrien Chardonnay x 6
Tercero Rose x 6
Goodfellow PN x 6
Goodfellow Chard x 6
DiCostanzo Farella vertical x 1 and DI CO x 3
Veleta Seafood Sampler x 3 plus olive oil
Grassl glasses x 6

Riverain Syrah
Tercero light reds
Franny Beck Pinot
Bricelands Pinot
Virage Bordeaux reds
Sandler Pinot*
Halcon Rhone*
Kelley Fox Pinot*
Di Costanzo Cab*
Scherrer Pinot/OVZ*
Flannery beef
Grassl decanter for good measure

• first time ordering

Mostly kept to my focus on non-Cabs to better balance my cellar, but I couldn’t resist the buzz around DiCo, and had to reload some Virage.

Good thing dry January is almost over…I’ve got to make some space downstairs!

Well that my first BD and it was a whole lot of fun…definitely helped to make a plan on Sunday, I got everything i wanted. All of these are new to me. 61 bottles, 14 grassl stems, 1 decanter and the viking pour thing.

Goodfellow
Kelley fox
Patricia green
Di costanzo
Jb neufeld
Scherrer
Big basin
Longplay
Franny Beck
Calluna

Oh damn… you might get rookie of the year and MVP in the same season. you’re the Freddy Lynn of Berserkerday.

I’ll let Todd know

I absolutely do not need any more wine, so I ended up with five wine purchases, plus Grassl stemware, which I also do not need, Veleta Gourmet, and I think I won an auction or two.
A few others were on my wish list, but I was too late.

As I said elsewhere, I bought about three times as much I planned, and half as much as I wanted. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Wilde - If they end up refunding the shipping the under $20 avg for these wines is a complete joke.
Halcon
Cabot
Hi-Times selections

Veleta oil, vinegar and tinned seafoods
Flannery
Micro lot coffee beans

Repour bottle stoppers

• JJ Buckley $100 auction winner

Still trying to figure out if I saved enough to make it worthwhile or spent more than I should have.

I’m out. [truce.gif] [berserker.gif]

I ended up doing 36 bottles this year- and it might have been more if not for the upcoming move. And actually it will be more because I want to go back to one of the wineries and try a custom selection that was not one of the parcel offers- so figured best to order what I want after the dust has settled.

Each year I seem to spend more and more on Berserker Day. I certainly spend more time researching the wines. There are many great discoveries to be made.

OK you win. That is a serious haul! well done!

For a long time I had a good time following the auction item I donated. Then it turned serious and we are making a large (I think) donation to a women’s organization in SF, which is unexpected and entirely awesome.

I was not at the winery today and have no idea what went down with sales. Yesterday was very good. I was excited to see how well some Oregon producers seemed to be doing.

I think I won an auction of 2 mags of LF Chardonnay. Not sure how that happened. Entirely forgot to keep up on the glassware thread.

Good day all in all.

First BD and it was fab. Would have bought much more but I’m trying to cut way back in 2020.

Goodfellow Chard x 6
Jean Edwards Yates CS x 3
Di Costanzo Farella CS vertical

SALT and Loring. I’m a New World guy and quite frankly I’m always a little disappointed in the lack of New World producers during berserker day.

I had a divorce buy… told my wife I was done buying wine for January… then I thought I could sneak a 6 pack by her… then that opened the flood gates… then I drank a bottle of Franny Beck and bid on ALL of the auctions…let’s hope she doesn’t notice… who am I kidding anyone know a good lawyer?

PGC x 4
Goodfellow x 12
Paetra
Kelly Fox
Zalto x4

Auctions
Vincent
Franny Beck
And a few others… I think.

If by “New World” you mean wines on the bigger and riper side, then there are plenty of participants you overlooked. Riverain and Sojourn come to mind immediately, for example.

Spent way more than I intended but so many interesting wines and stories. Really impressed with the number of library wines offered which is nice when you don’t have to wait a few years to try a new producer.

I’m a ‘middle-world’ guy and am quite happy with the SALT Vine (3) and Franny Beck Pinots (6) i grabbed. I like to try new wines during this celebration.
The really good news is that there were no Barolo & Barbaresco offerings as I have spent the last 2 years acquiring all I could, upwards of 150 bottles of ‘acquiring’…

I’ve abstained for the past couple years. This year I picked up:
Sandler Sonoma pack
Wilde Farm chardonnay and rose
Franny Beck Chard and Pinot pack

Sandler and Franny Beck are new to me. Can’t wait to try them. I buy a few bottles from Wilde Farm every year and always enjoy them.