BerserkerDay 11 - How did you do?

I’m not a big fan of either of those producers. And for my taste I don’t consider them bigger or riper more middle of the road

My 8th BD ( I still have the excel spreadsheet saved that was sent for preview day on BD IV!!- It made it easy to plan…hint hint) [wink.gif]

Jean Edwards x 3
Wilde x 12
Franny Beck x 6
Longplay X4
Cabot x 6

Riverrain Cab & Syrahs
Loring
Salt Vine
Fogline Zin
Caviar
Coffee
Flannery

All in all didn’t go too overboard, happy with my purchases

Also, a big thank you to the WB vets who weighed in on the various offers. It’s really valuable to read your thoughts on all the choices. You’re all enablers!

Bless me Father, for I have sinned . . .

In sequence of purchase …

Sojourn
Tercero
Franny Beck
Cabot
Sandler
JB Neufeld
Longplay
L’Ecole
Stellareese
Scherrer
Iota
Keller Estate

102 bottles … 4 magnums … and 1 bottle and 1 magnum on the house.

DETAILS!

Todd,

I know that you are doing a survey on producers - I think it would be interesting to see the same kind of actual survey on buyers in terms of $$$ spent done in an anonymous way. Curious of whether total sales were up, even or down from last year . . .

Cheers.

I have been in cellar reduction mode for 11 months now and will continue through 2020. But couldn’t help wade in ankle deep for a few Humboldt County gems.

Cabot Vineyards
2x 2016 Syrah, Kimberlys- 92% Syrah, 8% Viognier co- fermented
2x 2016 Syrah, Marier- 100% Syrah, whole cluster
1x 2016 Syrah, Humboldt- 66% Syrah, Kimberlys, 34% Syrah, Marier
1x 2016 “The Hills”- 60% Syrah, Marier, 40% Cabernet Franc, Marier

Briceland Vineyards
2x 2015 Humboldt Pinot Noir, Ronda’s Vineyard* (12.9% / 117 cases made)
2x 2016 Humboldt Pinot Noir, Ronda’s Vineyard* (13.6% / 139 cases made)
2x 2015 Humboldt Syrah, Ishi Pishi Ranch* (13.1% / 123 cases made)

I got 24 bottles for $535 all in. All wines I am excited to try. Plus, the regular price of all four wineries are still within a retirees budget. Most bottles I’ve bought through the last five Berserker Days. Thanks for doing this!

6- Sandler Pinot (an annual purchase).
6- Castelli Nebbiolo
6- Ladd Pinot/Chardonnay
6- Terrien Chardonnay

Nebbiolos are my favorites. Other than liking them, what is your thinking behind buying so much of them?

If the currently participating producers don’t fit the profile of what interests you, maybe suggest some who are a better fit? Just looking at some of the new participants that Todd and Brig managed to add this year, I wouldn’t put too many out of reach.

I will be pulling money out of my retirement account to cover BD11 plus other wine purchases this month.

Intended to buy 6-8 bottles, instead bought 34. Plus the $100 Gift Card. Whoops.

6x Sandler
16x Scherrer
4x Patricia Greene (only producer I’ve had)
4x Ridge
4x Cabot

Second BD for me, significantly upped my purchases from last year to try out some new producers. 35 bottles in total with an avg price excl shipping $19.79, 8 Grassl stems and a decanter. Now I need to figure out storage before deliveries start to hit.

Liquid Farm x 8
Paetra x 6
Franny Beck x 6
Wilde Farm x 6
Loring x 9

Liberte x 4
1855 x 2
Cru x 2
Decanter x 1

No clue other than joy. Having my daughter (26) and goddaughter (22) both proclaim that ‘Barolo is my favorite’ doesnt help. Lol

After my last trip to Italy in 2017, something in me shifted. Love the stuff.

24 bottles and 4 glasses. Would have bought more but I made mistake of estimating income taxes Sunday. Um yeah.

Big thank you to the producers and stakeholders that not only put out offers but contributed in those threads to answer questions, bring insights, advice on drinking windows, etc. I read so many of those that got me interested in their wines - and though I could not buy everything, I have a new list of wineries to follow.

Congrats Todd and Brig on a well run event.

This is sarcasm right? I don’t know the exact math, but it’s gotta be 90%+ of the wine offerings were made by new world producers?
I didn’t see any piedmont/burgundy/loire/mosel etc etc producers being offered?

Missed this. Can’t go wrong with tinned fish.

[rofl.gif]

You’re funny. That’s about all Berserker Day sells!