BerserkerDay 12 Master Thread/FAQ

Just noticed when looking at the forum from the main page it says #BD112 - a few more years before that one starts!

might be time to upgrade my membership

I did, did not realize how much an improvement no ads would be in addition to the BD deals. Plus, I’ve gotten a ton out of this site and its very little to give back imo

We’ll have even MORE deals this BerserkerDay only for GCC members. The WineBid offer was among the first of what I hope is a long line of benefits, in addition to no ads and that fancy ribbon below your username…

Setting the budget. Then setting the REAL budget. Then setting the what I can actually hide from my wife and kids budget.

I was given a set amount I can spend. I’m not saying I’m planning to blow past that, but I am glad the missus isn’t on the forums…

(If you read this, I’m joking and I love you.)

That time of the year when you start to consider multiple new credit cards because you’ll hit the sign up bonus spending min. for all of them in a single day….

A budget, he says. A BUDGET!!

[rofl.gif]

You will not be disappointed. My advise: set a budget and put a spreadsheet together. That way you’ll know just how far you went over. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Pro tip: Ship to your neighbor’s house.

1 Like

She’s reading this? The call is coming from inside the house!!!

1 Like

Funny, none of the Berserker women ever have these issues.

4 Likes

For newbies…If you get your spend going a bit, expect a call(s) from your bank concerning fraudulent purchases.

I may call my bank in advance to give them a heads-up…

Good advise. I might do that just in case. Not sure what to say, “Hey, I’m just giving you a call to let you know that I’ll be buying a ton of wine tomorrow, so don’t worry about it”? Though I never had an issue with fraud when buying wine. Maybe they’ve just gotten used to my spending habits. I’ll spend a large amount of money on wine over a short amount of time and my bank won’t bat an eye, but then I go to purchase a new relatively cheap TV at Best Buy and I get a call regarding fraud. Don’t know what must come across the banker’s mind when they see all these charges

True story! MULTIPLE times, actually! Good advice from a 2-time Champ…

My bank thought Goodfellow was a Convenience /Package Goods store and couldn’t comprehend I was spending that much.

It wasn’t GCC only last year, but we sold 95% of the Beserker Chardonnay on the 26th.

GCC is well worth it, just to support the site, but there’s a ton of perks.

1 Like

Good to know. That’s something I won’t want to miss this year :slight_smile:

Well, TECHNICALLY, Marcus, it was supposed to be only GCC…you aren’t supposed to take orders from non-GCC Berserkers on Preview/Early Purchase day [swearing.gif]

Ooooh somebody’s in trouble…