BerserkerDay 12 Master Thread/FAQ

if it happens again, im here to say Goodfellow’s Berserker Cuvees are not to be missed. I have loved them all so far.

Didn’t mean to be confusing.

The sales on the 26th were to GCC only. And that took care of 95% of the barrel of Berserker Chardonnay.

So it was GCC only on the 26th, but 2-3 people picked up the last bottles on the 27th.

We know, and follow, the rules!

[thankyou.gif]

3 Likes
4 Likes

Red Electric is back in this year!
We’ll even have a Chardonnay offer (saving some for BD).
details to follow…

Doug and John

1 Like

Dude, by now your bank should be calling you in advance on the 27th [wow.gif]

They did…on the 26th!! [snort.gif]

Harrington Wines will be back this year! Even though Bryan Harrington is no longer making wine, he still has some to sell, and what better way to do that than to participate in BerserkerDay again! :wine_glass:

1 Like

Sad to see Bryan no longer making wine. Loved all his wines, especially the Corvina. Really unique expression of the grape. One more to add to the list of BD purchases

1 Like

This instantly goes to my top 5 (of those I know, or am reasonably sure, will be participating).

Sage advice and yes, listen to this man. That can be a yearly thing. My personal best was 3 credit cards contacting me with a WTF

Side note, if you plan to go Berserk, use a card that gives you points or cash back, gaming them like I do to max value. Some cards are better at this than others, and/or have maximums to navigate with a good strategy. Its a consolation prize when the bill comes in and your wife looks at you, again, with WTF.

I like this and it feels like a good thing. New wineries/producers/participants I always feel are in a tough spot. The sponsors are the sponsors, that has its privileges and it’s fair. Then there are the forum darlings that draw attention because there’s a track record/history that’s respected and that’s fair (usually overlaps with sponsors). for me, year over year there’s always a tranche I just don’t know; so having some measure of the “been around the block” members recommending why its a buy to them would help. Should be linked/attached to the producer/offer or somehow represented such that its easy to connect the dots.

This helps break the ice and builds the base more. Win/win.

I may have taken a day or two off work so I can properly research…

I joined as I was researching wine fridges, and I had no idea about Berserker Day. But now I think I’m at least going to have to buy some Grassl glasses (which I have also been reading about here). This site might have been a dangerous discovery!

I’m excited! This will be my first Berserker Day

Welcome to the monkey house [wink.gif]

1 Like

There are wines I was introduced to on BD that are now staples in our house so the cost of BD just keeps on giving and giving.

Prepare yourself, check your credit limits, start smoothing things over with the spouse.

1 Like

“Honey, I’m not buying any wine at all January through March… except this thing on this one day…”

2 Likes

My wife is already excited for our Flannery reload.

Too bad wine purchases don’t qualify for multiples on any card I have - 3x or 4x would be nice.

1 Like