BERSERKERDAY 12 RESULTS ARE IN - INSANE RECORDS SET, WOW!!

Assuming you mean Ontario the province…I’ve heard tales of Buffalo-based wine lockers that facilitate receiving wine shipments from American wineries…

Correct Adam. I have a friend or two with same, but I just don’t travel across the border enough for it to be worth my while.

Limits are 2 bottles per 24 hours out of Canada. For a Canadian to have storage in the US make any sense you really need to travel back & forth several times/ year or be willing to push the limits on what you bring back which can land you in very warm water.

Monte! Haven’t seen you around much lately, woot!

Can a company like this with offices in Toronto and Buffalo facilitate the movement of wine across the border?

I’m not currently in the US, so I had a lot of restrictions on my purchase. This time I ordered glassl glass *4, polished cloth, decanter, and I also ordered a decanter from glasvin. I am very excited! I enjoyed being part of the Berserker Day. also My credit card was burned…:smiley: I think it was like a festival to everyone. Defeated the long covid blue!

1 Like

Laws are laws. Without getting overly specific, part of the reason Warren set up the Buffalo location was to facilitate Canadians more easily selling wines out of country. There’s certainly some flowing the opposite way, but you can’t by-pass the archaic laws/ importation fees we have. Trust me, when I say most Canadians with cellars have looked at ALL options in this matter.
Anyhow - I wasn’t aiming to highjack the thread and make it about me - I wanted to comment on Nola’s post.

Are food imports okay? A lot of great food offers this year not least of which are Nola’s olive oil, sardines, tuna, etc.

Should be, at least for non-perishables. Jamon has a different type of import regs. Here we have to have every Jamon, inspected at an iHouse. I really don’t know for Canada, but I imagine it is similar, except normally fresh or cured products probably need to come directly from Spain (or where ever it is exported from) and imported to a registered facility in Canada. But again canned products and EVOO I imagine are not difficult.

Speaking of additions, hats off to the addition of Slim Sadie’s this year. Shipment arrived today and it was everything you said it would be. Any of your hidden gem recommendations are welcome in my book!

Just had the first official meeting of the ‘BerserkerDay Council’, made up of seasoned veterans of BerserkerDay Patrick Taylor, Siun O’Connell, and R. Frankel, and holy hell am I excited! They’ve had meetings without me (I feel so lonely!) and just wanted to let everyone know that next BerserkerDay should be even more spectacular, in every way, thanks to the additions of this crew!

2 Likes

That’s awesome. Thank you all for the work. Excited to see what next year brings champagne.gif

Well, we’ve seen what you purchased this year - this Council will be holding your card to the fire to be sure you at least match it, so…

Looks like I gotta start putting a bigger dent in the cellar in preparation for next year then

1 Like

Is there an update available or have you still not received the information from the half-dozen or more participants that had not reported in time for the original post?

Have we determined who bought the most, or did I miss the post?

Thanks Todd … aiming to make Berserker Day even more Berserk!

Rodrigo has the right idea — you have a year to drink up so there is room in the cellar!

Rodrigo, with a titanic 243 bottle haul. For perpective, I won XI and X with 137 and 162, respectively…

[cheers.gif] [truce.gif] [worship.gif] [winner.gif]

2 Likes

It’s definitely higher, as many took orders well past the timeframe of BerserkerDay, post-data-dump. I turned off the survey, so I couldn’t take more data anyway, but a few have reached out privately to ‘add’ to their numbers, which I haven’t re-published, as it’s big enough as is already, [cheers.gif]

1 Like

Good Lord!

I hope the merchants had as much fun selling as we did buying.