BERSERKERDAY 12 RESULTS ARE IN - INSANE RECORDS SET, WOW!!

Some additions and corrections were made in sales numbers, and I revised the total upward as a result…wow.

Brig and Todd thanks again for continuing to organise all this, truly a mind-boggling numbers.

I certainly don’t want to add more work for you guys, but I was thinking that it could be interesting to break those numbers out a bit to have some more stats y’all can have to share with potential newcomers to Berserker Day, things like separating the food and wine sales stats, average transaction size per user or visitor, etc. Part of me thinks that having those kinds of numbers in front of potential newcomers can help them assess from a financial standpoint whether they want to participate in BD better.

Again, thanks to Brig’s expert Excel skillz, I have those numbers, and those will be shared with potential participants/sellers in coming years, helping the (eventual/probable) BerserkerDay Council guide who gets in and who doesn’t, what they need to do for success, and know who we can refuse, as well as show the statistics on very specific items like BerserkerBusiness, Sponsors, etc. The data collected has turned into a real goldmine, and no better year to have this information than after this record-shattering event

Let me encourage any of you to share on your social media your experiences with BerserkerDay, either as a seller or a buyer, and, if presented with the ‘problem’ of upscaling even more, we’ll figure out how to do it well before next BerserkerDay :slight_smile:

Share your stories, share your excitement! Get some of your wine-loving friends who would fit into a crazy community like this the opportunity to dip their toes in!

Wooowww! Ho-ly Smokes! That’s incredible.

One interesting little tidbit: a higher percentage of new users this year — looks like exponential growth to me! [cheers.gif]

Yes, and last year was the highest percentage of new users…but this year, even more!

I’m really getting scared on how I can maintain, much less grow, the next one!

That’s awesome. Hopefully looking at numbers allows new participants to better evaluate the potential benefits of participating in Berserker Day. I reckon these kinds of numbers can be pretty eye opening for many small producers

Inertia, baby! Just sit back, kick-up them Olukais, and sip on your mai tai while the money comes rolling in! [rofl.gif] [berserker.gif]

Numbers are nice to share with a newbie but I think the most significant data we can share is the BD12 offer feedback thread in wine talk. We’ll create a summary sheet for newbies of recommendations for their offer but it’ll hit home when they wade through that thread with real world input. Those were comments from buyers that drop serious coin, better listen to your customers or they won’t be customers.

I’d say to a newbie, now, yeah you can do $10K the first year if you have a nice product, clean offer, and stay engaged for the 2 weeks before and the 48 hours of berserkerday. But the payoff is the following years, $20K, $50K, $100K are not unheard of.

Before that thread it was just me and Todd flying by the seat of our pants ramping up newbie offers and doing second surgery on repeat participant offers that might not be working. Getting it down on “paper” makes it much more valuable and it scales because obviously we don’t. We should have done it years ago, would have alleviated a lot of grief on my end.

Agreed. There’re really two separate things. One is the data behind the benefits of participating in Berserker Day in terms of sales. The other is what types of deals attract purchases and how successful offers are structured and how to engage with the Berserker community. Both are key to share with producers participating during Berserker Day, both old and new. Over time there’s plenty of data to be gathered, and I can only see things improving from here. I’m already excited about what the next BD will bring (even if my CC is not)

1 Like

Many thanks to everyone who ordered, and to Todd & crew for all of the behind-the-scenes hard work that goes into putting this on. It was an incredible first BerserkerDay for Cadence, and we’re already looking forward to next year! grouphug

Oh Nola, the Spring COVID “quarantine relief” saved me completely! Wished you had joined us. I also lost my Oregon distributor because they were too restaurant focused. Finally got a great new one in July… so the berserkers kept me going in between. Cheers,

1 Like

Thanks for doing the summary, Brig— and please share with us 2yr old newbies. But yeah, I already have a great list of things I want to improve on.

Decided to go back and look in the archives and found this post by Todd in 2011. We have come a long way.

“ I’ve only heard from about 1/3 of the ITB’ers with offers, but so far, check out these numbers!!

Bottles sold: 1,494

Sales: $36,499.60 EXCLUDING Auctions”

[pwn.gif]

I lied, your shipment just got here today. How am I supposed to keep track of all this wine? champagne.gif

Oh good [cheers.gif]
I should have recognized your name too! It’s been a blur and I’ll have time for more communications after a bunch of winery work this week and next… In the meantime, enjoy some seriously great Pinot IMHO

Thank you WB for putting on such an amazing event! My anticipation, which was extremely high, was far outdone by the excitement of ravaging through posts to find great wines. The deals were a nice add-on, but you guys have set the bar extremely high! Cannot wait for BD13!!!

Wait! I have to do ANOTHER one???

1 Like

Have never participated in a Berserker day, living in another country and importation being nigh impossible, but this - this is wonderful to read. I mean, yes congrats to all of you for maxing out credit cards and Todd for doing such a great job at enabling you all, but this is great. Happy for you Nola. Participants should pat themselves on the back for this alone. [cheers.gif]

1 Like