BerserkerDay IX Master Thread/FAQ - Records set!!! Over $500,000 in wine/wine related goods sold!

A GREAT suggestion Merrill Lindquist made is to highlight not only the Newbies (which is something that we’ll keep doing, as it’s a great way to meet new small wineries) but the veterans! Many participating wineries have been BerserkerDay participants for many years, and while next year is our 10th (WOW!), this year we can recognize all those who have participated in BerserkerDay for 5 years or more, with a special Topic Icon that will go on their listing. Here’s a preview of what it will look like:
Screen Shot 2018-01-09 at 12.05.22 PM.png
So we’ll have BD icons, ‘NEWBIE’ icons, AND now 5-year Icons!

https://www.wineberserkers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=131537&hilit=Credit+card

This may be a useful link as folks prepare for BD IX.

That new 5 YEAR icon looks great, Todd!

And a new 10-year icon next year for the VERY few!!!

Here’s a fun blast from the past, highlighting the very first BerserkerDay offers (in 2010, BerserkerDay I):

https://www.wineberserkers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=206944#p206944

We’ve grown quite a bit since then! (from roughly a dozen offers to over 100 in prior years (though I’m reducing it slightly this year, maybe…but probably not. Next year, for the 10th, it’s gonna be a monster…)

My how time flies, got a few from BD I and continue to buy from some of them. [cheers.gif]

10 years??? Damn Makes me feel old…

Wow looking at some of the BD I offers, a bottle of Pappy 20 with glasses

Like Mike, I have way too much wine currently. I did bring an assortment of wines from prior BDs to my NC tasting group last month for research. Adam Kuehn (Phredd on CT) did some tasting notes that he will hopefully share here. Funny that you decided to do an official BD Champ after I had held the unofficial title for a few years. However, I plan to do as much as I can to enable others, especially to try new producers! I’m just a poor retired Fed now. I think I’m sitting with over 2K in inventory, but I desperately need to update CT. I’m willing to supply wine if anyone wants to come to Manassas to help with my inventory. :wink:

That does seem unfortunate; maybe next year there could be a cumulative award.

+1. Nice idea too.

As you can see…Newbie Intros are now posted!!!

I’m starting to see the offers/placeholders roll in on the Pre-Launch forum, and it’s fantastic to see how many have been BerserkerDay participants for 5 years or more! Already over a dozen with the 5-year tag, and we’re only about half-way through the pre-launch threads (many haven’t posted their offer or a placeholder yet)

I guess that means they’ve figured out that it’s of great value to participate in BerserkerDay :slight_smile:

Todd,

Is there a document containing all of last year’s offers? I’m trying to do some research without opening each individual offer in last years section.

Thanks

Will Mark Squires drop by to say ‘Hi’ and possibly offer up a deal?

newhere

And, Folks, if you had any questions about how exciting BD is, it brings Whetstone back! [cheers.gif] [mouth-drop.gif]

Post #1 has info on how Subscribers will be able to see all the offers on Preview Day, and buy from BerserkerBusinesses as Early Purchase Offers (one or two last year sold out on Early Purchase/Preview Day)

As for last year’s offers - and all BerserkerDays past where we had a dedicated forum, there’s a ‘BerserkerDay Archive’ in the forum list, at the bottom (also linked in the words BerserkerDay Archive’ in this post) where you can see everything from last year, and all prior. Unfortunately we don’t have a document listing them, as each winery/retailer makes their own post/offer, so they aren’t collected in one master document

1st Post Updated 1/14/18

How many Newbie offers are on the roster for this BD IX?

4 at present, could be more coming as some do try to jump in last minute. Last year our ‘newbies’ were 1 or 2 years ‘new’, so we had much more

Will there be a comprehensive list somewhere of all participating wineries? (If they’ve confirmed)