BerserkerDay VII!!! (January 27, 2016) OFFERS ARE BEING POSTED NOW!

We are going to participate for the first time this year. Looking forward to it as for once I am not going to be gone skiing on Berserker Day!

Todd however you choose to sort out the offers is ok with me.

We have been out for a month and finally had to go to Whole Paycheck to buy something we hope is actually olive oil.

In.

We are in.

:slight_smile:

I’m going against the grain. In my opinion the “best” deals shouldn’t be posted first. It takes some of the excitement out of it. Having a great deal pop up in the middle of the day is part of the fun – it’s the surprise aspect of it. And if the best deals are first, it will make the ones at the end very anti-climactic and interest will tail off at the end of the day. I also agree with Dennis’s point – who’s to say that anyone will agree on what’s the “best” offer? Everyone will have their own opinion.

As long as offers are posted early enough in the day (by 2 or 3PM?) then I don’t see how any offer or business is put at a disadvantage. If anything, often times the first offers get swept to the bottom of the page or to the second page and can be missed.

I’m with you - better to spread them out a bit, keep the good ones throughout the day

Hey Jay, it’s cork so you can pry it up to take the pourer off, but you wouldn’t refill with anything but Veleta right? :wink:

How would it be determined what are the best offers, largest discounts, most interesting? We have some pretty small production wineries and other small businesses that participate and offer the best they can and been here for a long time and what they offer is very generous but may not be the easily recognized names.
I think some of them should be offered sooner than later. Members know the names they wait for and will hunt for them, the small guys seem to get trounced in the flood of offers and amount of chatter in the recognized winery offers. My .02… I’ll zip it now :wink:

Hmmmm, how about a Berserker Basket or variety pack? Could any of our Berserker Businesses team up? How cool would it be to have 3 wineries offer 3 packs - 1 from each producer, maybe even with 3 wines to choose amongst from each winery in the mix.

Dennis - great idea but a shipping and compliance nightmare for the wineries.

Doh! Didn’t think of the logistics issues. Nuts!

As one of those newbies I would also say look at activity volume, not just number of posts. It wouldn’t make a difference for me, I’ll be at the bottom regardless as I"m so new, but doing a number of posts divided my number of days a member will give you a good proxy for how active the user is on an equal basis regardless of how long they’ve been a member and how much they added to the forum for the period they’ve been a member as opposed to just lurking or being a member that signed up a long time ago. It would also give more standing to medium term, very active members.

Regardless, I"m looking forward to this!

I’d like to add an offering for BerserkerDay.

This sounds like a plan. Perhaps the BB members can be listed in the order in which they joined? [berserker.gif]

I thought it already shows when u joined as a member?

A hope for this year, too, is that we’ll have a ‘war room’ - a location where Brig and I can hang out and work BerserkerDay all day, somewhere that we hope others can come visit throughout the day as well. Not sure where we can do it, thinking of some of the offsite wine storage facilities, but regardless, a war room with good wifi, and that allows drinking!

Would be fun to get photos of folks who stop by the war room throughout the day

WAR = Wine Advocate Repository… or Wine Advocate Revetment. Your very own foxhole / bunker! [wow.gif]

I mean that the Berserkers Business members who joined Berserkers Business and have supported it longest would have offers first. BTW, I was not first. It just seems to be a way to support those businesses that have been supporting the site.