Berserkers exclusive; Cabot 2006 Syrah"bacon fat" one barrel

John,

Is it too late to get in on this? I’ll take 3.

Thanks,

Brad S w a l l o w

Three for me please!

Bacon Fat? Hell yes…I’m in for three also. PM on the way.

David

Got my 3 pack today, thanks John!

pm sent I would love 3 bottles, Bacon may just be the perfect food, beating out truffles slightly since I am not sure you could live on just truffles, but you could live (maybe not very long) on just bacon

john, still havent seen anything show up, any tracking info? if it went out thurs it should be here by now, don’t know if i need to be more patient or stalk my receptionist. if it didn’t leave til monday my apologies for the hassle…
[foilhat.gif]

Some wine I was expecting Friday showed up Monday, but after I checked after the regular UPS shipment. Apparently it wasn’t sent UPS.

John, or anyone, any notes on this wine? Is it a new or used barrel? How does it compare to the 06 Humboldt you poured at HdR for the Saturday grand tasting?
Thanks,
Alan

They had a bottle under the table. Too bad they didn’t give you any.
From memory it is a single barrel of the Kimberly’s Vineyard Syrah that combines from a particularly good block. They have kept it aside and bottled them separately. The ‘bacon fat’ label comes from the nose of this which is purely just that. One of the strongest occurrences of that I’ve have witnessed. The wines have a nice cool climate spice and meat character worthy of some cellar time.
I know John uses different barrel treatments including some Hungarian oak but mostly used barrels.

Sorry guys, there was a hick up at the place who ships wine for us in Arcata. We dropped the wines off on tues for wed. shipping. They apparently were way short on three pack shippers and didn’t get them out until Fri. Poor communication strikes again. I’m just lucky the weather has been so cool. Sorry for the delay. Shipping is my least favorite part of this business- the one thing that is out of my hands.

Alan, I’m sorry I didn’t taste you on this at HdR, I was a bit flustered in the begining when you came to the table. Check Cellar Tracker. There are some pretty accurate notes posted on there. As Cris said, it is a single barrel we selected out because it was so destictive. It was aged in a three year old hungarian barrel and comes off as more red fruited than the Kimberly’s. It was the first section to ripen and has some dense, peppery red fruit along with some serious bacon fat, roasted meats and spice.

John,

Hasn’t arrived here yet, when should I expect them?

thanks.

no problem, thanx for the update. I just wantted to be sure the package didn’t end up going to someone else… [friends.gif]

John-

Thanks. I received my wine the other day. I appreciate the offer and the great service.

Greg

Any left?

We are getting down there, but there is still some left.

John,

You get my pm? The wine never arrived Friday.

pm me when you get a chance.

PM sent

Thanks John.

Thanks John and Kimberly,

Wine arrived a few days ago. I’ve been sick as a dog though so haven’t had a chance to crack one yet. Hopefully later this week as I am starting to feel better.