Berserkers exclusive; Cabot 2006 Syrah"bacon fat" one barrel

pm’d and posted here, I’d love 3 bottles, if there are any left.

Where is that dropping the ball emoticon? [blush2.gif]
PM sent.

John

still haven’t seen anything, did it go out last week?

Any left? I will take 3

PM sent.

Thanks John… Replied!

Had a bottle last night with thick ribeye and baked potato. Really could taste the cured meat and cracked pepper. Had a nice smooth finish and lingered on the palate in a nice way.

THANKS JOHN and KIMBERLY!!!

Just an update. The shipping weather is improving, so any of you who are ready for us to ship your bottles, please PM me. For any of you who didn’t catch this the first time around or would like to purchase additional bottles, we still have around 8 cases left(keeping two cases for ourselves).
Thanks,
John

PM’d for a couple more. Great wine, and love that bacon. [welldone.gif]

PM’d for three. Nice price and the wine sounds great, based on earlier comments.

Had it last night with Brad Swallow. It was lovely. PM sent!

For everyone else, notes are posted in Wine Talk. It was my wine of the night over Copain syrah! At $30 its a good buy

i almost forgot about these (ok, i did forget about them). after seeing some notes here was inspired to pick one out to open tonite. muted nose at first but 30 minutes in the decanter and this really opened up. some nice blueberry and dark froot hanging here with just a hint of the bacon fat lingering in the shadows. the fattiness became slightly more apparent with some more time. this is a well crafted bottle of vino, well worth the money here.

Thanx John for sharing!!! [welldone.gif]

Well, we sold out of the bacon fat today. I’m pleased that so many of you enjoyed the wine. If you can’t live without a bottle, I might be persuaded to part with a few more, but we’re pretty much down to our last two cases, which I would like to keep for the library. Thanks everybody! [berserker.gif]
John

HAH - I bought 3 more today, and SUDDENLY, suddenly, the Cabot’s are sold out.!!! Yeah baby!! [thankyou.gif]

Tasting Notes: “I popped a bottle with a bunch of the local winos last year, and my initial impression 30-seconds after opening was “bleh.” Harsh, dense, brambly, not fun or interesting. I dumped it into a decanter, and when I came back for another go at it an hour later it was gone (the bastards!). Apparently 30-seconds was just not enough time. So, last month I tried another and with an hour in the decanter, it was truly excellent, open, complex but not dense, and wonderful aromatics. I am not sure (actually I am positive) I would have said “bacon” was involved, but when led by the nose it is possible to maybe, possibly, faintly, discern it. And then it is obvious. Anyway, nice job on it!”

And apparently one of those library bottles is mine, since I gave Jorge one of mine that you were supposed to send him, and you forgot to give it to Wetrock!

So.

Much.

Fail.

Don’t worry, at least I got two for myself. [highfive.gif]

That’s good. Happily I was out there, helping a Cabot customer, keeping John and Kimberly from having to ship all the way out to NY by hand delivering a bottle to Jorge, but as long as you got two, it’s all good.

Oh French, we’ve got a couple comin’ your way next week. Don’t worry, Bro!

John,

Hopefully you still got a few for me your holding? If not I understand. Hopefully this dreadful warm weather goes away so I can start more shipping of wines down here soon. But it does give me time to add to my order with other bottles I hope :slight_smile:

No problem, PM sent.