Best bottle you’ve ever received as a present?

an old girlfriend gave me an 85 Echezeaux from DRC.

Seppeltsfield 1897 Para 100 year old port. Bought all the 1899 and 1900 we could find.

I clearly don’t play in the same sandbox as y’all, but was happy with a gifted '96 Dom.

Cheers,
Warren

It’s your interpretation that counts!

My brother and his then-fiancée were about to move to Arizona in ~2002, and he gave me a bottle of 1990 Chateau Haut-Brion. I was floored!

The funny part was when he was in another room, telling me, "Now, hang onto that. It really needs a few more - "

POP

Out came the cork, compliments of my omnipresent waiter’s key. We toasted their future together and savored one of the best wines I have ever had an opportunity to enjoy.

He may be on wife #2, but that wine was flawless!

1949 Conseillante - my birth year. Had it on our 40th. Amazing.

1968 Heitz Martha’s

Is she not now your wife?

For a birthday, 1982 Ch Lafite from my wife.

Château Rieussec 1972 for my 20th birthday in 1996. There was no way back after that.

had to look that one up
never heard of it before

A good friend gave me a bottle 2001 faiveley musigny. Not opened it yet but an incredibly generous gift.

Now that you’ve done the research for the rest of us, can you please fill us in on this mystery wine? :slight_smile:

not wine at all

Not sure if it constitutes a present exactly, but a real jerk I dated for a short time in NYC gave me a bottle of '89 Haut Brion as an apology after a particularly egregious bit of behavior.

At the other end of the spectrum, my husband gave me his entire cellar when we got married, so I win. :slight_smile: Then again…he got mine!

Looking back now, was it worth dating the jerk to get the ‘89 HB? :slight_smile:

Ha - absolutely not! Now if it had been burgundy…

It also tastes like flavored gasoline (in the best possible way). I had some earlier this year at a closing dinner with a Chinese counterparty. Not for the faint hearted!

2003 Sine Qua Non Ode To E Syrah

a bottle of 1990 Roumier Amoureuses gifted by someone I didn’t even really know, after I had posted about a bad bottle. I lost his name and address before I could write a thank you and it bothers me badly about 20 years later. Great bottle. (Bet 10 people will now PM me telling me it was from them.)