Best Napa/ Sonoma Tasting Experience?

I would plus 1 on Pride. Great tasting experience.

Quick note: California wine laws now prevent the wineries from serving any food especially cheese for some reason. Not the wineries doing.

Say what? Just returned this weekend from a week long trip to Napa and was served plenty of cheese at wineries.

We went last year in March and had a great tasting at Outpost, post acquisition. I think the only noticeable change so far is that they raised prices starting with the winter release last year. True Vineyard went up $15 a bottle.

I agree. It’s all due to the Franc component.

Bevan Cellars.
They only do private tastings, if you ask well in advance you may get Russell In the mix, and, for Napa Valley wine, his stuff stands with anyone’s.
If you get Russell to attend, it will be the most unforgettable wine experience you could imagine - believe it!
Best, Jim

Agree on Pride

Great recommendations. They have stunning views!

It’s not for everyone, but we had a lot of fun doing the Del Dotto cave + barrel tastings. It’s perhaps a bit gimmicky (this barrel is carved and grooved, this barrel isn’t, etc.) since they serve so many. It was hard for me to really tell any differences as the tasting went on. Full disclosure, I drank every sample and this was long before I was on WB. That said, the property is very unique and it was a very cool experience.

I agree, Del Dotto was fun, especially for people who have not done many tours. Not something I would do for myself again, but I would schedule it if I’m going with others.

We went to the original cave back in the early 2000s. We drank so much, we called the experience Del Blotto!!

+1 to Hendry Ranch from an informational/educational standpoint. This was one of the first tours I did when seriously getting into wine a few years ago, and it was a wealth of knowledge. George is an interesting individual as well.

[rofl.gif]

It hasn’t changed!

Got hyped for Continuum visit via this thread, but got rejected today. I understand, as I’m currently not on the mailing list and short notice (next week). Outside of Chappellet, any other Pritchard Hill wineries worth a call to see if they have availability on short notice? David Arthur?

Note: Similar to the OP, these wines are typically way out of our price range, but looking for an incredible experience

Not sure if they still do it but they used to do a 100% Cab Franc under their Dare label. I think it was a winery only bottling was always a great wine and an even better value

Yes I think that was Stagecoach fruit which was great and now it’s Estate fruit which is better. Not sure . The Dares age well too.

Hansel winery and Bistro are separate locations. The Restaurant offers the Walter Hansel wines on the wine list and Steve does have some Burgs on there as well. A side side tasting could get expensive. The restaurant is worth tge visit nonetheless. It’s been our favorite local eatery for the past 5-6 years.

Try Ovid. In the neighborhood you seek, great wines and a really nice visit.