Best Wine Deals this year! 2018 Edition

$46.95 for 08 Trimbach FE from a couple NY stores. Still there, I think. Best FE to my liking since 01.

Went for the Wind Gap closeout. It was a super bargain.

Magnum of 1985 Dom Perignon for $150

Found a guy selling it locally that probably inherited it or something. Color looks decent. For $150…definitely woth a shot!

I wish! Only a few remaining bottles. Wish I had grabbed all the remaining ones they had in retrospect!

I always grab all the bottles as I know plenty of people that would want them however at $69 certainly a harder decision. Enjoy!

K&L has the SC Syrah…I bit on that as well. Same price as the Pinot.

2014 Louis Michel “Montmain” Chablis for $15.99 from Passion Vines. I bought 2 cases (in addition to the 2 I already had) and should have bought 10.

2014 Louis Michel “Montmain” Chablis for $15.99 from Passion Vines. I bought 2 cases (in addition to the 2 I already had) and should have bought 10.

Hard to pass up wines like this as they become everyday drinkers for that price!

Closeouts at my local store(s)

2014 Fattoria de Pupille Saffredi - $20
2013 Wayfarer Pinot Monther Rock - $33
2003 Musar - $30
2015 Beaucastel - $49
2013 Dominus .375 - $113
2011 No Girls Grenache & Syrah - $58
2013 Shafer One Point Five .375 - $20
2015 Henri Grouges NSG Porrets - $60
2006 Hermitage $180

8 bottles 2007 Olsen Ogden Sonoma Coast for 56 dollars. Very much alive.

NV Diebolt-Vallois BdB $22
2016 Domaine de l’Arlot NSG Forêts $55
2014 Mugnier Clos de la Marechale $55
2016 Groffier Chambolle-Musigny Sentiers $95

2010 Guigal La Landonne for $120!

2015 DRC Echezeaux for $720 per with case discount.

I’m sure E. Guigal top end stuff is good but I’m not interested in giving my money to winemakers who only seem to be concerned with making money. Same goes with Jadot etc. The only thing that turns me off from wine more than negociant is when it’s a Veblen good. E. Guigal is both.

Macdonald at list price

Welp…despite all that…$120 is a silly good price! Where the hell did you score that from??

I bought one recently (sons birth year)…and let’s just say I, unfortunately, paid quite a bite more than $120!

[quoteJosh Grossman wrote: ↑
Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:33 pm
Jonathan H wrote: ↑
Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:16 pm
2010 Guigal La Landonne for $120!
I’m sure E. Guigal top end stuff is good but I’m not interested in giving my money to winemakers who only seem to be concerned with making money. Same goes with Jadot etc. The only thing that turns me off from wine more than negociant is when it’s a Veblen good. E. Guigal is both.
Welp…despite all that…$120 is a silly good price! Where the hell did you score that from??

I bought one recently (sons birth year)…and let’s just say I, unfortunately, paid quite a bite more than $120!][/quote]

Yes what a deal! Would love to get some at that price which is not much more than the Ampuis.

I thought the Scott Paul La Paulee for < $14 was a great deal so I bought a case. It usually sells for double that. After have a bottle though it is a good wine but not nearly as it has been in the past when Kelley Fox was making the wines. Probably not the deal of the year that I was thinking.

Found it at a store in Canada. I saw one, took it to the till and confirmed the price, then grabbed the other two remaining bottles. Walking to the car, I remember feeling like I almost committed a crime lol.

Man, I love those scenarios where the price seems too good to be true, but the store confirms its correct…and then you walk out trying to keep that silly grin off your face while hoping that you dont get tackled by security of something :wink:

Great score - congrats!

Six f#@$kin’ dollars?!!? [swoon.gif]