Best winery visits for 'mountain fruit' in/near Napa and Sonoma?

Todd, I am surprised no one mentioned Robert Craig, the founder known as the mountain man. The winery is perched atop Howell Mountain, great view, open to guests by appt on Th, Fr, Sat , Sun, and depending on what they are pouring, and maybe you can request the full monty, you could get Howell Mtn, and Spring Mtn, and Veeder, and Diamond Mountain. Not to mention their Affnity which is also mountain fruit, I forget the locale.

Cade is pretty cool in Howell. My favorite views go to Barnett on Spring

LOL does our name mean nothing?

Grist 1200ft
Sun Chase 1200ft
Fogline Home 900ft
Rocky Ridge 2000ft
Cloud 12 2200ft
Mattei 1600ft

With the retooling at Hess, on Mt. Veeder, give them a shot. With Celia (Scarecrow and Corra) now helping with The Lion, it has had a ripple effect on their wine program along with Nicole directing winemaking…the 2013 vintage forward have been markedly different, and vineyard changes have helped dramatically too. Still offer good value too.

• We sell Hess, so please note that.

Has anyone ever been to Cain?

Support your local Berserker! :slight_smile:

Very much so…still rocking and rolling and keeping the legacy alive.

I love this thread so much, thanks Todd. Sorry if someone here was affected by my last second poach of the '92 Mount Veeder Reserve on Winebid last Sunday.

Barnett has an incredible view, take a picnic if it’s a nice day as they have tables. Togni was one of my favorite tours ever as you got to meet and question the man himself but this was several years ago so not sure he’s still on site that much.