At home, a great lunch with friends last sunday :

Champagne Egly Ouriet, Cuvée brut non Dosé, grand cru Ambonnay et Bouzy : 18/20
Dégorgé en mars 2000 après 45 mois sur lattes > 1996

Yquem 1996 : 18/20

Chambertin , A. Rousseau, 2006 : 18,5/20

Antoniolo, Gattinara, Osso San Grato, 2008 : 17,5/20

Cos d’ Estournel, Saint Estèphe, 1995 : 18/20

Clos Joliette, Jurançon 1985 : 18,5/20

Sylvie et Luc Boilley, Vin Jaune, Côtes du Jura, élevé en fût, 1995 (10 ans) : 18/20

Vouvray Moelleux, Clos Naudin Réserve, 2005 : 17,5/20

1999 Ridge Petite Sirah Dynamite Hill
2000 Pride Mountain Petite Sirah Napa Valley

Enjoyed two of them last night but here’s a few:

White:
Ravines 2016 Dry Riesling
Mari 2016 Semi-Dry Scriptorium Riesling
Bussy 2017 1er ‘Vaillons’

Red:
Ch Font Du Loup 2016 CdP Rouge
Ch de Saint Cosme 2015 Saint Joseph
Bedrock 2017 Papera Ranch

So far these have all been excellent, but none have served as a “I can’t believe I’m drinking this right now” moment quite yet. Lots of time left in the year!

2003 Rudolf Fürst Centgrafenberg Frühburgunder “R”

This was amazing and it’s no where near their top bottling.

By my quick count, Laurent, that’s +/- 33 “best” wines of the year so far for you in 2019, and it’s only late April!

1979 Blandy’s Verdelho
2014 Rieussec (so young, but so good)
2008 Quivet Syrah Hulda Block Las Madras Vineyard

Last night, I had two of the most beautiful, memorable, and impressive wines I’ve ever had:
1996 Giacosa Asili Riserva
1996 Salon

Number 1 and 2 for best wines of the year so far. The Asili probably takes the crown of best wine experience ever so far… flirtysmile

I hope there will be many others, Brandon … I taste about 2000 wines per year … (and I am lucky enough to share great cellars with good friends) :slight_smile:

I had this wine a couple weeks ago and I can definitely agree. one of the best I’ve had in a while as well.

Last night a 2014 Jouan Chambolle Musigny VV pretty much stopped me in my tracks. The aromatics were stunning, the palate elegant and persistent.

Thanks. That’s interesting as I usually just ordered Aux Echezeaux, MSD, Clos Sorbe, and CSD during EP, will look for this in the future.

Yum + Yum

Both of these are top 10 all timers for me.

So far this year, my best has easily been 2016 A.P. Vin The Trick Bien Nacido Z block syrah. In a class by itself.
I Pobega’d a bottle, and immediately bought more.

Equipo Navazos Montilla-Moriles Oloroso Bota 74 : 18,5/19 - 13 may 2019
A great venerable Oloroso, made with Pedro Ximenez …

‘66 Beychevelle, in top form, could last another 10 years without breaking a sweat.

2001 Dönnhoff Niederhäuser Hermannshöhle Riesling Auslese Goldkapsel - had this with a local German winemaker and made his day

2014 Domaine Jean-Louis Chave St. Joseph - It might be infanticide, but I loved this and it kept me occupied for the better part of an afternoon

2016 Azienda Agricola Ricci Colli Tortonesi “Terre Del Timorasso” - Had this with some Carbonara at a local italian restaurant, cool producer of this variety doing pretty awesome things

2017 Merry Edwards Sauvignon Blanc - So good and my GF loved it (sometimes the small battles win the war)

Celebrating my daughter’s move to LA, we drank several of her birth year wines, the best of which was a super 1992 Dalla Valle Cabernet Sauvignon… and digging for it in the cellar unearthed two hidden bottles of 92 Dominus which will be opened in the future!

Got to update this with a few bottles from last week:

1973 Krug, which was outstanding.
1970 Figeac, a savoury ambrosia.
1959 Moulin Touchais, a stunning ageless wine, served after
1988 Mas de Daumas Gassac Blanc, which also blew me away.
1997 Jean-Marc Millot Grands Echezeaux, in a beautiful spot right now.

…but the WOTY so far still has to be the Belgrave 1945 - just spellbinding.

1976 Lopez de Heredia Bosconia
1964 Conterno Barolo
1989 Monprivato