Bevan 2018 Bordeaux Release

$195, I’m pretty sure it can be purchased directly on their site, even if you didn’t receive an allocation. 6 max offered.

1 Like

Thanks JP- maybe I’ll take a flyer on a couple. I do love me some Dr. C

Has anyone tried the Dr Crane yet? Still weighing options on purchasing or not.

1 Like

I received 3 yesterday from FedEx, I’ll probably wait a bit to try one, but would like to try ASAP, especially comparing to Myriad, etc.

In other news, one of the bottles I received had a stained label, and some type of liquid on the outside of the bottle that faintly smelled like wine–I’ve emailed Bevan Cellars, and they are usually responsive. I intended to stash 2 bottles away for future Dr. Crane horizontals.

I’ll be very curious to see your thoughts. It has my interest but it isn’t cheap so I’d be curious how it compares to the Myriads.

Appreciate the intel

Yup I am very excited to hear what others think about the Dr. Crane, I hope this becomes a regular…

Dr Crane is now regular part of the Bevan Cellars Vineyard designates.

Chris, someone will be in touch this week.

All the best,
Russell Bevan
Adversity Cellars
Bevan Cellars

Russell, thanks for reaching out! I also reached out via email and Victoria replied immediately, as well as giving me a phone call. All is being resolved, very satisfactorily. I appreciate the great customer service from Bevan Cellars–as well as the wine! champagne.gif [thankyou.gif]

Props to Bevan team, LPB just reviewed their Dr. Crane, 100pts. Jeb also gave it 100pts a couple weeks go. Well done on an inaugural release! [cheers.gif]

Realm 2018 Dr. Crane at $300/bottle is on allocation now and is difficult to get. With Parker and Dunnuck both giving Bevan’s Dr. Crane a 100, you can simply go onto their website and grab some at $195 a bottle. Seems like a deal considering the Realm. Side note, the 2018 Ontogeny at $95 that scored 99 points is available too. All killer stuff!!! [cheers.gif]

Couldn’t agree more. I’m shocked they haven’t sold out of it yet. I’m glad to have picked a six-pack, I just checked and the max offering is 3 bottles now. Get it before it gone…

1 Like

Just ordered 1x 2018 Ontogeny and 3x Dr. Cranes. Couldn’t pass up the Dr. Crane and want to test out an Ontogeny and see if I should order more.

Peer pressure Peer pressure ( my first Crane and first 100 rated)
1 x Dr Crane
2 x Ontogeny

Dr Crane was sold out earlier today. Ended up seeing it back up but limited to 3 per. Grabbed the 3. $225 a bottle all in. Yikes.

Ontogeny is an amazing wine year in and year out.

In for 4 Ontogeny. Going to dig for coins in the couch for 3 Dr. Cranes.

1 Like

Anybody have LPB’s scores?

Taking a swing on the Dr Crane also, never had any bottle from this vineyard.

Totally agree on the Bevan’s Sauv Blanc tout. It’s one of my favorites from CA. Really enjoy SBs from Bennett Valley.

I was able to get two cases. At the same time, I was allocated only 3 reds from Realm. It seems Bevan is more available. Greater production?

Ah, you guys are killing me. I already bought 3 bevans in January, and now I went back in fir 2 dr cranes.

1 Like