Black Friday Deals

The key, as always, is to be selective. Every wine retailer is having a Black Friday “sale”, and all of us who buy wine on-line have our inboxes deluged today. I’ve bought 2013 Brovia Barolo from Morrell, 2015 H. Lignier Burgundy from HDH and 2013 Il Poggione Brunello from Zachys.

Anyone know if Chris is running a deal on Zaltos, GGG, or his own line?

The only one that I was excited to jump on was Clemens Busch Riesling Marienburg Falkenlay Grosses Gewachs 2015 for $35 at WineX

This. Morrell and HDH do have some good deals, but I’m holding firm. So far.

yeah so far the best i’ve seen have been morrell (3 clerget caillerets, earlier in the week), gvwm (krug 164 mags) and HDH, but haven’t found much with the shipping.

Sunfish Cellars in MN is having a great sale right now.
Goes today and Saturday.

PM ME IF YOU WANT MORE DEALS AS I SPENT 3 HOURS GOING THROUGH EVERYTHING.

All the prices on their site plus 10% off of that. If you get a case they take 5% off up front and then the 10%. You also get a 2% loyalty credit.

Here are some of the highlights:

2016 Tenuta dell’Ornellaia Bolgheri Superiore Ornellaia $199 (Around $170 after the discount plus the 2% loyalty).

2011 Bodegas Muga Rioja Gran Reserva Prado Enea $55.58

https://sunfishcellars.com/products/ornellaiabolgherisuperiore2016?_pos=1&_sid=b80af42f3&_ss=r

I “caved” at both HDH and K&L

Got a few of the Brovia as well, but have bought far less than in recent years. Have also found most of the sales generally uninspiring.

Sokolin on LI has some great deals.

I was sort of underwhelmed by their sale. I guess the 06 cristal mag for 499 was good if you want that vintage.

I was sort of underwhelmed by their sale. I guess the 06 cristal mag for 499 was good if you want that vintage.

Got a 750 bottle from a friend for one fourth that price. Average price 750 on cellar tracker is $191 and mag is $493 so not really a good deal.

champagne mags are usually much more than 2 x the price of a 750.

The 164 mags I posted earlier are an exception. The Dom mags at 488 are probably 3 x the price of a 750 but still the best available deal.

Never understood that. If it is corked you are over 2 times the issues.

I think the carbonation and amount of glass plays some role, and sometimes the wine is different, as in krug, but most likely because people will pay the higher prices. I think champagne tastes better from mag and it definitely is more fun to pop mags. I usually don’t keep anything bigger than mags tho.

Those grand Siecle at hdh are about 2x the regular 750 price w the sale which is really good imo.

K&L has Black Friday deals? Whaa?

http://m.sandlerwine.com/Wines

Anyone jump on those Kermit Lynch Burgundy 6 packs? The Reds are very tempting!

50 off 200 at wine.com. so 25% off if you can hit the 200 mark. not as good as the 100/300 coupons on the other thread but still not bad.

K&L does not have a field for coupon codes at checkout, only gift cards. Plus there is nothing on their website showing black friday deals, so I am super curious what they have. Unfortunately I am not at home so can’t go to their store to see, but I will certainly stop by on Sunday and ask!

order in!
(I was ordering a case today anyway, but I’ll gladly take the extra 5%)