Boldizsar does Bern's

Funny you mentioned that, Sarah. I’ve been to Bern’s more than 25 times since 1981…the last time in early May 2014. And…I totally forgot about this little trick of theirs. (A close friend, who lives in Tampa…just said…we’ll split it or something like that…and it confused me, so I added 20% on top of my half.) I felt silly. Thanks for reminding me of it. blush If an old horse falls for old tricks…is there any hope?

People pay a lot of money to go to Disney World to see the attractions. I am sure Bern’s is the DW of WB. 12% is well worth the experience! I am sure the cab ride is more than that.

(and you cant eat/drink Disney World!)

All and all not a bad price for the meal. Now next time, get one of their real steaks that are a treat. Just a bit more expensive.

Bern is cute! [cheers.gif]

I’d never, ever believe those wine prices had I not seen that posted bill. Amazing. Not to mention the cheap foods with all the free sides!

Now I can see why people from all over the country meet up in Tampa just to do an offline. It would seem that the wines are cheaper than one can find at retail, anywhere (i.e. if one can find them).

I think Mark gets points just for picking out a Monthelie from the list. [welldone.gif] Plus, the price isn’t terrible. newhere

Hey Drinx: A thread drift but I’m thinking of taking the City of New Orleans to your town for a long weekend. Haven’t been to Chicago in a long time. Have you been to David Burke’s Steakhouse, and if you have, is that a good choice? Thanks.

Mark, I was certain that you are getting paid when you go places…like Paris Hilton. Disappointed.

I did it last time on a pretty big bill. Stuart, the good news, good tippers are always remembered!

I would put this in the go zone in terms of posting. They’re pretty cool about this. However, at times and with certain wines (those hidden gems mentioned already), and in decent sized parties, I agree. Taboo, don’t mention it… nothing to see here, folks. Act like you been there before so to speak. I have a quite a few “private notes” that I would love to show the world!!

Hi

David Burkes is OK but i would not place it above average for Chicago Steakhouses, do some research on places like Chicago Cut, Gibsons, Gene and Gergettis, Rosebud etc

I found the food at Burkes to be very pedestrian and the place is a bit rundown, bit dirty, torn seats etc

That’s not much damage on the bill considering it’s a wine geek bucket list experience. And it’s not hokey. I would be less interested in a post about over the top braggarts doing Bern’s.

Did you take the girlfriend out any romantic Tampa wine cellar archaeological digs looking for some treasure?

“Drinx” FTW once again. BTW beautiful woman you’re with! Well done my brutha.

Yeah, what are the ballers going to drink after the run on that $28 Monthelie?

Spiritual experience for $120 bucks??? Where’s the dessert wines?..your head(and visa)should have been spinning…two of you…2-4 bottles at the least!!? By the glass…12 wines at least???
Why not blow it out??? :astonished:

Buzz! He’s young and strapped! Have you not seen his toilet? ;-D

Ha! I like your style, B. :wink: We would’ve gone all out, but we drove in from Orlando. Naturally, I had to be good to drive back at the end of the evening.

Thanks T-Bone!

[cheers.gif]

Glad you enjoyed it Mark!

We’re going next month Buzz - if you want to go neener champagne.gif?