Boldizsar does Bern's

Round 2. [berserker.gif]
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

You started at 715 and left at 854? Disappointing…but I’m glad you squeezed two bottles and a glass into that limited window!

What year is the Meursault?

Twice already! That good, huh?

Did you figure out before the second time that it’s worth getting a hotel room in Tampa so you don’t have to drive? I planned an extra day into a trip to Orlando last year and did just that. I can’t wait to go back.

I don’t know why it would say 8:45. We were there for a good 4 hours.

[drinkers.gif]

'83. Pre pox and absolutely marvelous.

flirtysmile

image.jpg

girlfriend and I were there a couple of months ago and “only” had 2 bottles plus 2 glasses of dessert wine and I felt like we didn’t drink enough!!! LOL

Nice work Mark showing that it’s possible to have a great experience at Bern’s, with really interesting wines, without breaking the bank. Well done!

I agree, John…that is indeed “easy”. The beauty of Bern’s, IMO, is not raiding the trophies, but finding your own “really interesting wines” to enjoy.

But, by posting the pictures, it’s almost guaranteed that those wines won’t be there next time-- especially at those prices.

All the selections and deals there and you drank the same wine two nights in a row? Why?

I know they have a huge cellar but I am surprised that a restaurant can keep such old wines at good prices with the amount of business they do. One would think there would be such turnover that it would be tough to keep old wines without pricing them prohibitively. Someone probably knows the cellar size and can calculate turnover rates to still sell wines that are 30 years old – we all do it with our own cellars (e.g., if I drink X bottles of wine/year how many bottles do I need to store in order to let them age Y years before I drink them).

Yep, and that Red must have been quote enjoyable, as Boldi went for it twice in the same week. That’s the only thing I question - why not try something else? Was it THAT good?

Gotta cut “Drinx” a little slack. He’s evolving as a carnivore: went from chopped steak to filet. Maybe one day he’ll make it to a strip.

I’ll leave the math to others, but I’ve read that the cellar is a over 500,000 bottles, which I would guess means not a whole lot over.

Oh yeah, player. I offered pours to the Somms who both agreed it was phenomenal. To me, I thought it drank like a $150+ Echézeaux. After they brought out the wine, they said there was only one bottle left in the cellar. I’m guessing I drank 2 of the last 3.
[berserker.gif]

Last time I asked 5 yrs ago: In the restaurant cellar, 100K bottles. In the warehouse across the street, 800K bottles

I don’t think there’s much danger of there being a run on the old bottles. I’ll bet 95% of Bern’s clientele don’t want anything to do with old wine, or pay for them. It’s just us folks on WB that are going to pound at that inventory.

Why does Mark always post receipts and why the hell do people comb through them to nit pick?

I have a friend who is wintering in the Tampa area and has invited me to visit. I am thinking late March or late April. How difficult is it to get reservations at Bern’s? Do you need to reserve exactly a month ahead, etc.?

Jane,
Their reservation requirement is min. two months lead time, on or later than the first day of 60 day out month. For example I reserved on Dec 1 for Feb 20 2015.

Don