Bonhams shipment issue

My son bought 12 bottles of 1986 Drucru from a Bonhams auction without a plan of how to get the wine to Los Angeles. He’s estimates of between $300 and $500 to ship. Anyone have any recommendations for a less expensive way to ship. Thanks in advance.

Scott

in NYC? send to my place and i’m happy to drop at fedex for you / him.

Bonham’s wine is in MA, not NY. I paid $75.00 to ship one bottle (1993 R, Arnoux Clos Vougeot) via a New Hampshire shipping arrangement Bonham’s had

1 Like

Hello Scott,

I don’t know if this helps but perhaps. Manhattan Wine Company on a roughly quarterly basis makes temperature controlled deliveries/pickups along the New England corridor from New Jersey to Boston. It’s of course driven by achieving scale to ensure trip profitability. We could retrieve the property from Bonham’s and then ship FedEx to Los Angeles (ground of course least expensive). MWC has collected at Bonham’s previously.

If there’s no great rush, the fee for the service is a flat $100 for up to three boxes and then $25 for each box thereafter. So for the one case it would be $100 plus something around $60 to ship one case FedEx ground to California. If you’d like to explore this further please contact my colleague Chris Seely who coordinates our vehicle schedule. He can be reached at chris@mwcwine.com or 646-712-8200 x102. You can mention my post here.

Best,

Marc Hanes
Manhattan Wine Company

3 Likes

Hi Scott — if I can borrow testimonials from another thread, I store with MWC and they are top notch. Lots of others on the board have similar experiences. They will do it right.

Winos helping other winos, WB at its finest :+1:

2 Likes

I have had MWC deliver to me in the city and Westchester and highly recommend.

1 Like