Bordeaux 2009 in NYC

I’d be interested in checking on the 2009 vintage and if you are willing to switch the day of the week, Balvanera an Argentine steakhouse does BYOB Mondays as does Nice Matin and they would both seem entirely more appropriate.

Any of those dates would work for me.

Sure. Let me add Sunday and Monday as well to the option set and see what people say.

I’m interested

Sundays or Fridays are preferred. Mondays I cant do. Any of those weeks should work for me.

I am interested but not until mid-November due to medical drinking restrictions and travel plans. I have Grand Puy Ducasse, Larrivet Haut Brion and . . . (drum roll) Montrose.

All, based on responses so far it seems like Sundays, Tuesdays and Fridays are generally preferred days and most people didn’t have a strong preference for the week.

So based on that I am proposing Friday, July 29th. I need to call a couple of venues to check what’s available.

Please let me know if you are confirmed for Jul 29th? If not, could you do Jul 31st or Aug 2nd

Hi Dinesh,

July 29 works for me. Please write a bit about the theme, are you still open to anything? I know three people that would be happy if it were opened up a bit.

I vote for PDH (midtown). I was able to, many times, secure free corkage there but that was pre covid. Let me know if you’d like me to try calling my contact.

Hi Dinesh, none of these 3 dates work for me as I am traveling that weekend and a few days past it. If the dates end up changing let me know. Thanks!

7/29 works for me, pdh mid or ctown works for me.

July 29th works for me.

Great. So far we have 4 confirmed attendees.

Thomas Rippe is calling Peking Duck House to check availability and confirm the details. Much appreciated :pray:

Cannot make that date work for me, but thanks for the thought, interested in what you taste. Have fun.

Interested if there is still room. I don’t have much 2009 to offer, only a couple bottles of Malescot

1 Like

Thomas Rippe has kindly spoken to Peking Duck House and they will charge $10 per head and we can open any number of bottles.

So we will lock Peking Duck House. Seems like it is all coming together

1. Date: Friday, Jul 29th

2. Venue: Peking Duck House

3. Theme : Bordeaux 2009 (I have gotten some good ideas from you guys on broadening the theme. I will keep you posted)

4. Confirmed attendees so far: 5

Mike Reff would Monday Aug 1st work for you? If so, I can check if 4 other people who have confirmed so can make it.

Joseph Grassa let us know if you are still keen. Jul 29th is the tentative date.

1 Like

my wife and I both are in for the 29th.

1 Like

All, so far we have 7 people confirmed.

Thomas Rippe are we confirmed at Peking Duck House?

Count me in - I am a bachelor that night because my wife is deserting me to take care of my son with oral surgery. She wants to share the Montrose because it was a gift from my uncle, but I have Grand Puy Ducasse and Larrivet Haut Brion. I can also bring a second bottle as a ringer.

If there’s space, I have 2009 Brane Cantenac. I have a Montrose, if we want a vertical but not 2009.

Julie, that sounds great. That makes it 8 of us.

I feel like that’s a good size and we should start the wait list now.

We will get the discussion flowing now on wines. I am hoping we can do the usual high quality Wineberserkers style tasting event ( By that I don’t mean first growths).