Bordeaux 2009 in NYC

Update -

1. We have 8 confirmed attendees so far. So I am starting the waitlist

2. Hopefully Thomas Rippe gets a confirmation soon that we have a table at Peking Duck House and the cost of food + corkage

3. Now that we have the venue and a critical mass of attendees, it would be great to get the discussion flowing on the wines/ theme. I am hoping that we can make it a higher quality tasting event (by that I don’t mean first growths). If that means we need to broaden the theme, that’s fine too. Just throw out some ideas.

You mean Tom… I cannot make this event.

Mike, sorry for that. You are right , I meant that for Tom.

Hi Dinesh, looks like Jay responded before me for the dinner. Can you add me to the wait list? thanks.

1 Like

Please put me on the waiting list.

1 Like

Dinesh, are you receiving my emails?

We are confirmed at PDH (uptown) on July 29 at 6:30 pm. $10 corkage per person. Unlimited wine. Bring stems. Yahoo.

1 Like

Juliec Thomas Rippe just confirmed that the table can accommodate 9. So have added you to the confirmed list.

Should I plan on a ringer and a Bordeaux?

Just the 09 MacDonald is good.

Sorry. The '09 is the only one I do not have. Alex offered me one for $1,000,000 but I passed. How about the 2009 Blankiet Paradise Hills? But that’s before Graeme became the winemaker.

:joy:

I am sure it would be great Jay

Looking forward to seeing everyone on 29th.

Please let me know if there is a change in your plans.

1 Like

In the spirit of, as Dinesh put it, ‘broadening the theme’. Bringing 88 Dominus.

Unfortunately I won’t be able to make it, but hope to join you all for the next one in the fall.

Thomas Rippe
jeff davidson David Schliecker Joseph Grassa
J a y H a c k
Juliec

We are aiming for a 6:30pm start.

Looking forward to seeing the group.

1 Like

I am brining a Clos du Marquis 2009.

1 Like

I will bring the 2009 Larrivet Haut Brion and either the 2009 Quilceda Creek Palengat or the 2009 Cayuse Camaspelo. I have two of each of those, so I can bring one and still have one for my wife to try. Anyone have a preference?

I would love to try that Cayuse! That’s my vote. Feel free to outvote me as the Quilceda Creek would be amazing too.

My guest and I are thinking of Rauzan Segla and Pape Clement. Waiting for the confirmation that we can get it on time.

1 Like

My cellar is in the middle of a massive reorganization which has stalled, but if I can find it, you got it.