Bordeaux primeurs 2009. Parker is there

Maybe it’s because they don’t have California, Oregon, Washington

fun with Babelfish: It is shown, said it, that the things cannot be differently; because all being made for an end, all is necessarily for the best end.

huh

Ed,

I did a direct copy and paste of what you wrote! I didn’t misquote you at all!

You wrote:
“May I ask how you believe you know so much about the Bdx trade?”
I was in the Bx. trade for 7 years, but am not longer affiliated.
I do not claim to be an expert and some of my knowledge is out of date.
But there are certain truths and mechanisms that I see around me, and most of my friends are in the wine trade.

Best regards,
Alex R.

Jim, it’s from Candide.

Where did i use the words “zero interest” in reference to 2009 primeurs? I didn’t. I clarified and explained my position a few times and yet you still believe i spoke about zero interest in 2009 futures. You either need an interpreter, are playing with me, or are a jerk. neener

Ed,

None of the above.
Please go back and read your own posts!

All the best,
Alex R.

Got it. I guess my point was that it is a bit obtuse to quote extensively in another tongue.
better translation: “It is demonstrable,” said he, “that things cannot be otherwise than as they are; for as all things have been created for some end, they must necessarily be created for the best end.”

Tying this back to the thread- the quote suggest that the producers in Brdx are unable to make decisions that affect pricing (i.e. there is no role for marketing) because that decision is taken out of their hands by an efficient market that will determine pricing.

That seems to be the basis for the two sides in the arguments presented here - producers can control the market or they can’t

Jim,

Alain Vauthier of Ch. Ausone told a group I visited with “I don’t set the price for my wine. The brokers tell me what it should cost and I follow their advice”.

I agree, it makes the château owners seem pretty powerless, but not everyone just stands by in the sidelines like that…

There’s more at stake here than just money. There’s machismo for instance.
Some owners want to be at the same price as, or higher than rivals in order to prove a point.
Léoville Las Cases wanted to be considered a de facto first and kept jacking up their prices. This eventually backfired.

Best regards,
Alex R.

Alex,

You absolutely misquoted me twice in this thread and you cannot show me where I said ““It was indeed Ed and not you who spoke of “zero interest” in the 2009 primeurs””

I can hire an interpreter for you. [help.gif] In the future please be more careful when you misquote someone. [truce.gif]

Ed,

I’m sorry that you persist in forgetting what you write!!!

Here goes:

You wrote (all you have to do is look further up, for goodess sakes!):

“Frankly, buying futures makes zero sense in today’s deflationary world”

I cannot understand why you say you did not write that!

We can agree or disagree on any number of things on an Internet forum, but I have never before seen anyone take back his own words that are plain for all to see!

Best regards,
Alex R.

Alex,

sense does not = interest. I am just sayin…

Ed,

This ping-pong match is really not such a wise use of time for either of us.

You wrote:
Frankly, buying futures makes zero sense in today’s deflationary world. The wines will be cheaper in a few years especially afte3r the Euro implodes.

In answer to this I wrote:
You say there is zero reason for buying 2009s.

However, you feel that my resuming your comment was not accurate.

How about this, Ed? I’m sorry if I misinterpeted what you said.
Can we please let it go at that?

Thanks in advance
Alex R.

Bob,

Thank you.

Alex,

If you need an interpreter, let me know. As I explained and you simply chose to ignore:

"no interest" ≠ no sense

I never used the words “no interest” as you continue to misquote me. If you do not want to play ping pong, stop misquoting me.

Are personal attacks permitted on this board? headbang

Ed,

So, “There is no interest in contining this discussion”
and
“There is no sense in continuing this discussion” are worlds apart???

I think not, and Jesus, if I had known you were so touchy, you can be sure I would never have quoted you in the first place, that’s for sure!

You wrote:
“Are personal attacks permitted on this board?”

I sure hope not.

Best regards,
Alex R.

Yes, this is Berserker land and it’s only a persoanl attack if you want to take it that way. neener

Now just to [stirthepothal.gif] …if it makes zero sense to buy 09 futures, then why would one have any interest in buying 09 futures…ahhhhhhhhh, it’s is emotional issue and not a logical issue; therefore you could over ride your logic and buy anyway based on emotion (like it is a Birth year or something). [pillow-fight.gif]

So, “There is no interest in contining this discussion”
and
“There is no sense in continuing this discussion” are worlds apart???

There clearly is interest. As for sense, less clear.

-Al