Bottle you enjoyed most fequently in 2017

Most frequent individual wine – 2009 Rivers Marie Cabernet Sauvignon. Drinking wonderfully now. I picked up 6 earlier this year and now they’re all gone. A crowd pleaser that tickles my fancy. Shows how a fruit-forward rich Napa style cab can age gracefully.

Most frequent producer – Littorai. Primarily 2006, 2007 and 2011 Pinots, with Cerise at the top of the heap. These age so wonderfully, can’t keep my hands off them.

Most frequent not from my cellar - Bruno Giacosa Roero Arneis. Great QPR white wine, crisp, sensuous, excellent with food. A charmer.

Honorable Mentions – wines I drank from multiple vintages. Top is EMH Black Cat. Drank 2004/5/7/8/9 this year and look forward to sourcing more. Next is Leflaive Bourgogne Blanc (2008/11/13/14) followed closely by Sauzet Combettes (2008/9/11). Picked up mixed vintage partial cases of each and slurped them down.

We drank about a case and a half of 2016 Bedrock Rose during summer.

Also went though a bunch of bottles of Mathis Grenache after tasting it at The Girl and the Fig.

Just an educated guess - 20-24 bottles of Bedrock Ode to Lulu, 2013-2015, and a similar amount of Bedrock OVZ, 2013-2015.

A toss up between Domaine Dupeuble Beaujolais and Ciu Ciu Lacrima di Morro D’Alba. Probably only really had 3 or 4 of each, but that Kermit Lynch Beaujolais is so delicious and easy to drink and the Ciu Ciu is sort of perplexing. I just kept going back trying to wrap my head around it.

Quaffing:
2014 Roulot BB
2012/2013 Bereche Reserve

-mark

I drank way too much Zinfandel this year. Turley lead, followed by Carlisle and Once and Future. Love em all but need to take a break. Looking to Bordeaux.

IMG_7215.JPG

2006 Comtes

Carillon Puligny Montrachet 2005 - the only wine I think I’ve had 3x this year. And good it is, too.

Rhys Horseshoe Chardonnay - I buy halves and go through a bunch each year. Also opened a few of the 750s. A close second would be Ceritas Chardonnay - went through the 2013s from a variety of vineyards.

I went through 6+ bottles of mixed vintages from the following:

Sociando
Cantemerle
Lanessan
Geyserville (3x of 2015)
Bedrock OV Zin
Levet (La Chav and Les Journaries)
Gonon

This is like soul food.

For one reason or another I haven’t been drinking so much this year. But most frequent would have been 2015 Willi Schaefer Spatleses.

Quinta do Crasto Flor de Crasto 2013/14

from the Douro Valley – best value i have found since the early days of Marietta Old Vine Red Lot ##

Monsanto Chianti Classico Reserva. Usually buy and go through a case a year.

Looks like 6 bottles of NV Billecart-Salmon Rosé for me.

Went through over a case each of 2014 Louis Michel Forets and 2014 Droin Vaillons.

Flowers Camp Meeting Ridge Chardonnay. I guess the numbers don’t lie, but it’s kind of surprising.

I’m looking at a CT summary of wines, so this mixes vintages. Summer pool parties meant we went though about a case each of:

• Clos Cibonne Tentations Rose, 2016
  • Hecht & Bannier Bandol Rose, 2014 & 2015
  • Schloss Gobbelsburg Cistercian Rose, 2016
  • Donnhoff Estate Riesling, 2015

After that it was Gonon Iles Feray, '09-'11, '13-'15

Droin was really good in 2014. A local wine shop still has a couple of cases of the villages Chablis and I’ve been tempted to buy them lately.

The ‘13 Ceritas are in a great place now. Sadly down to my last Heintz, but have a few Porter-Bass still. Working on my ‘12 Rhys chards as well. I have a theory that they age beyond 5 years really well, but not likely to test it!